Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking for a Big Bore for my sons KFX 400, He has Stage 2 Hot Cams and Dyna tek with Full exhaust, I know there info out there when searching but everything I find is 10 plus years old, Is there any updates? Which kit is better and why? What jetting should I start with? Get a Jet kit ( If so which ) or buy individual jets. Thanks.

·
Administrator
3,876 Posts
As far as Jetting goes, it's cheaper to buy individual jets, but a kit like Dynajet gives you an adjustable needle as well, that works great in these quads.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you guys think the Jetting will change with BBK? I have heard it does not. I ordered the Athena kit since the CW is back ordered all over.

·
Administrator
3,876 Posts
Do you guys think the Jetting will change with BBK?
You should go one or two jets sizes larger on the main, and might want to richen the the fuel screw a bit, IMO.

Reactions: JOE G

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which base gasket should I use? DRZ E Gasket with this kit? It comes with Copper washers for the head bolts should I re use the factory stainless steel ones?

·
Administrator
3,876 Posts
You can use either base gasket. Thin one will give you more power/compression, but you will need to stick to high test fuel. Not sure on the copper washers, I have only re-used my stock ones on the kits I have had.

Reactions: JOE G
1 - 8 of 8 Posts