Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2013 ltz and ive searched already but the wiring is different from the 03-08 so i got yellow/black a all black a dolid gray solid orange solid green amd solid brown ive got it down to green is high beam brown is low beam grey is power for the lights now what ive tied oranges togethor and yellow/black and black to new ignition switch but i can only get it to fire if i tie it into the headlight wires i know someone here has done this help

·
Registered
200 Posts
The best way to figure out your wiring array is to pull the blob apart and physically look at what wires operate which parts. IMHO it is much easier to just cut the wires about 3 inches from the blob and trace them back into it. 2 wires control the starter(black and red on 03) 3 control the lights(low high and switch power) and two wires control the on/off switch. Oh and there are two wires that control the clutch safety switch.

It should be easy to tell which go to which when you tear it apart.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have down that black/yellow and black with to ignition oranges went to on of switch and the gray brown and green went to the lights and the clutch saftey switch you just cut the two and tie togethor i got that but idk what goin on or what im doin wrong

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I ran into a similiar issue when removing my blob. replaced the blob with an MSR perch with hotstart(for reverse) and a kx125 kill switch (for starter button)

After getting all hooked up and ready to fire. no power to switch. ended up being a broken wire coming out of the CDI. so be sure to check for continuity in all your wires if you run into a problem.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also have the schematic of the 03 i did the blob removal on my 04 and i got the bike 4 mths ago doubt a broken wire is to blame bike only has 30 hrs on it i cant beleive therres noone here whos done this to the 09+

·
Registered
511 Posts
This should help. It's from my repair manual for 09-13. You can see they are color marked.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it goin I had it right thee first time silly ol me forgot to disconnect the battery and blew the ignition fuse lol thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts