Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to change from the stupid factory dashboard to something more sleek looking.. Can you guys throw me some ideas? Pictures would be great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i put mine right in the front body work on that top ridge right in front of the handelbars! works fine and looks great ! sorry no pics though!

·
Registered
810 Posts
here is a sample what i did to mine,, but use the Search bottom you will find lots of pics and info

spize909
its selling a dash alternative for a great price

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is really cool but I was thinking about something more like jaguarr's setup

·
Registered
85 Posts
for sure the spize dash iv gotten a few compliments on it. cant beat it for the price

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do really like that dash setup but i dont have any funds right now as i am saving for a lexx exhaust so i am going to do some kind of setup where i mount the dash lights and key switch into the plastics

·
Registered
85 Posts
i dont think $20 would hurt your funds that badly but its up to you. Its well worth it, looks great and i even got a cool NGK sticker :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
I do really like that dash setup but i dont have any funds right now as i am saving for a lexx exhaust so i am going to do some kind of setup where i mount the dash lights and key switch into the plastics

I originally mounted mine in the plastics and I will never do that again. I quickly realized how annoying it was take the lights out when taking the plastics on and off. Do yourself a favor and buy a dash from spize. Or you'll end up like myself with holes in their plastics with no lights.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah $20 isn't a bad price but I kind of like the look of the lights mounted in the plastics better... What size holes should be drilled for the lights and key switch to fit nicely?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
i have a Lexx exhaust id be willing to let go. also have a powerbomb head pipe if you would want that also. they fit up perfect together.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I put mine in the ridge right in front of the handlebars. The curved lip is sized perfect for these, and it looks like factory as long as they are spaced right.

I don't know what size hole, I used a step bit and just drilled and and kept checking until it was right. The whole project took maybe a total of 15 minutes, and most of that was just testing the size to get it perfect.

I also moved my key switch to the right side of the plastics in an easy place to reach.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Yeah $20 isn't a bad price but I kind of like the look of the lights mounted in the plastics better... What size holes should be drilled for the lights and key switch to fit nicely?
should be 5/8" for lights and 7/8" for ignition.

I don't have any of the black pc'd ones but I do have two raw. One has a mistake on it but you can make it work without anybody knowing. I'll send it to you for 5 bucks. You could easily rattle can some paint on it and make it any color you like or leave it raw (like mine).
Let me know.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I prefer my method because of the desert tank, but the spize plate is good also.

·
Registered
810 Posts
use your dash as temple te get the idea how you need to make the hole

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I like my new trail tech dash, key is in a much nicer place that it was with the tag dash.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
Hey Bigs why do all your pictures make your quad look mint. I swear your Photoshopping these before you post them or something haha. Or what camera do you have?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts