Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 kfx 400 def gonna keep it but I was thinking of adding some more quads to the garage. Had been looking at some used raptors 700 in my area today I ran across a 05 kfx 700 super clean and send to be a pretty good price, so I need to decide quick. Any input from you guys. Time is key cause I've already missed some good deals draggingsing my feet. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Fun machine, big and plush ride. Not as easy to upgrade, IMO but you can do some things. Our group leader rides one, has towed us all home at one time or another in the dunes. Cost me a little bit, but at least I am faster up the hill than him now..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well most of my riding is trail riding. Just trying to decide what to add to my collection reading online I keep getting mixed reviews about the kfx 700 so trying to decide what way to go my girl is tying to talk me into ther raptor 700. Wood like to hear y'all opinion

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
They are all good in their own way. If you could ride one on the trails you like, you would figure it out fast. Or you could get one of each!:grin2:

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,013 Posts
I hate Yamaha so I would say anything but one of those KFX700s are great but tricky to ride since they are taller.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Raptor 700 Easy. I am a suzuki guy through and through but have to give credit where its due. Picked up an 06' 700R back in 2017.

-Very comfortable
-Similar ride to the Z
-Maintenance is easier than any other machine I've had. No shims for valve adjustments and no need to pull a valve cover/chain tensioner, etc.., spark plug is easy access, chain adjustment easy.
-Less than $1k to be over 60hp and still be dead reliable
-Torque for days
-They share the same front suspension with the carbed YFZ450 so they handle extremely well.
-Pretty light for being a big bore sport quad. In fact, I think they might be a few pounds lighter than the 09+ EFI Z400s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts