Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i ordered DG skid plates but i was wondering if they are any good cuz i might cancel it if they are not good let me know what you think of them thanks!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
definately cancel the DGs and get PRMs, much nicer and Im not sure on this but they may be cheaper, with DG u pay for the name, they have a well known name but people who have used their parts will tell u just how bad they are

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
ive never had their skids but i had their bumper and nerfs the bumper had horrible streight and the nerfs started to rust after i had them for a week

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
ive never had their skids but i had their bumper and nerfs the bumper had horrible streight and the nerfs started to rust after i had them for a week[/b]
have thier nerfs on my EX, never had that problem, but about the skids, PRM and Pro Armor are the better ones

·
Registered
715 Posts
I think there bumpers are junk. The skids are not as bad as everyone says, but PRM is better and cheaper (pro-armor is the best).I've got a set of DG alloy nerfs and never had a problem with them. The fit is perfect. Standerd nerfs are basic though, most companies make a good set.

·
Registered
593 Posts
my wife had a DG full system on her first blaster...............SUCKED

my buddy had DG skids on his Z for a bit..........................SUCKED

my opinion.........DG = POOP

·
Registered
73 Posts
if you dont mind me asking, what was so bad about the exhaust? from what ive seen and rode it wasnt bad at all. I think they are equally good, i mean lets face it, its exhaust not internal motor components.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
DG bumpers are awesome. There tough as hell to.

·
Registered
593 Posts
if you dont mind me asking, what was so bad about the exhaust? from what ive seen and rode it wasnt bad at all. I think they are equally good, i mean lets face it, its exhaust not internal motor components.[/b]
i don't want to get to involved because this is just my opinion and i don't wanna make this a huge issue but the paking was CRAP, the gains were the worst of all i had ridden. i realize it is not internal work, but if you don't have a good air system with a good exhaust system and a good carb to suppost the internal work.......why bother. and i don't think DG pipes have what it takes to be labeled as good......but as i mentioned only my opinion.

the bumpers are tough, buddy had one on a EX and hit trees non stop......the quad won alot more times than the trees......... :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
if you dont mind me asking, what was so bad about the exhaust? from what ive seen and rode it wasnt bad at all. I think they are equally good, i mean lets face it, its exhaust not internal motor components.[/b]
Maybe not...but, try putting untested or non-engineered designs on your Z and you will wish you HAD NOT!

Not all "sewer pipes" transport waste (gas/heat) at the same velocity or volume.

Some pipes hit early, some mid, some late...some all the way through the power band...others hinder performance thru poor design or fit....(leaks=lost power).

Most are pretty darn good though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
my QB skids

i got some quad boss skids and i think there awesome, theonly complant i have is i got some quad boss nerfs that didnt fit with the skids so i had to drill a hole in them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts