Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did you install your Dial A Jet body? I am looking at mine and it seems like there is more room under the air box intake snorkel for the body, fuel line, and positive seal snorkel kit with filter. This would require removing the air box intake snorkel to adjust, but I likely won't be adjusting that often anyway.

I tried looking at the left side of the carb boot, but there isn't a lot of room for all the equipment.

How far from the carb did you locate the DAJ body. I am trying to get it as close to the carb as possible, but I may have to go back an inch or so.

Fianally, where did you run the positive seal snorkel kit with filter. I think I will try to run it up by the front of the handlebars. Thanks!

Out!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I located mine about 1 o'clock or so. It fit real nicely in one of the ribbed sections on the boot. Just look for that and it will give you a good mounting location. You are correct about removing the snorkel but with a long phillips and putting it through the hole in the bracket (lining up the clamp of course) it is a direct shot.

I ran the snorkel along the bottom side of the gas tank and up to the handle bars.

I also tapped the drain of the carb bowl and put a screw in it. Then removed the screw on the side of the bowl and threaded in the hose fitting they provided.

very easy and clean install.

good luck!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 o'clock

After looking some more, I think I will install mine at the 1 o'clock position as view looking straight down at the machine between the carb and air box (this will put it under the air box snorkel and still provide access for adjusting). I have already run the fresh air snorkel along the right side of the tank right up into the area where all the cables tie to the handlebars.

CJ had this to say when I PM'd him: "I installed mine about an 1 inch back at about the 10 O'clock position. I ran the snorkle up along the choke cable under the tank and up the handle bars and tied to the brake line."

One more question, did you remove the air boot before installation and will the rubber fall into the carb when drilling the hole int the air boot? It looks like the tool they provide will prevent that by lodging the rubber in the end of the rod. Thanks!

Out!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
If I did it again I would remove it and stick the tool in a drill and zing it out.

that way if the rubber falls out it won't matter.

it is pretty tedious doing it by hand.

there you go!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brass Fuel Access Fitting

I was installing my Dial A Jet tonight and realized that after getting everyting else in place that the brass fuel access fitting that replaces the float bowl drain screw did not fit right. The thread was right, but it would only tighten in about half way to the o-ring. It seems like the end of the needle does not fit into the smaller hole in the carburetor drain hole because it is too long? How long is your fuel access fitting and did it screw into the o-ring and tighten? Thanks!

I guess I will have to call Thunder Products and see if they can send me something that fits better.

Out!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snapped fuel supply fitting

I snapped her before I got your message. I got another one coming over night from Thunder Products. I should have waited for the repsonses and call to Thunder Products before proceeding. Naturally, I thought it had to got to the o-ring to seal. I guess not, that is for another stlye carb. They told me to use some teflon tape to prevent leaking and to only tighten it so it makes it past the drain. Lessons learned the hard way, still!

Thanks for the input!

Out!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snapped fuel supply fitting

I snapped her before I got your message. I got another one coming over night from Thunder Products. I should have waited for the repsonses and call to Thunder Products before proceeding. Naturally, I thought it had to got to the o-ring to seal. I guess not, that is for another stlye carb. They told me to use some teflon tape to prevent leaking and to only tighten it so it makes it past the drain. Lessons learned the hard way, still!

Thanks for the input!

Out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts