Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know this was talked about before, but I wanted to bring it up again. Some of our good buddies over at ATV Conn were singing the praises of the dial-a-jet. Most of them swear by it. Also Dirt Wheels gave it a big two-thumbs-up. (Yes, I know about the magazines...) Has anyone here had any experience with it? I am very close to getting it because I don't have the time or space to keep dismantling my carb to change jets. I would much rather do it once and have it over with. I just want to make sure that this contraption actually works!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I've never heard of this thing, but what exactly does it do, and how much is it?

·
Registered
794 Posts
I think AtvSport had something about and they say it worked too. I think u should buy it, and tel us if its worth teh money.

Later

·
Registered
112 Posts
With this dial a jet thing can u add mods to your z, like put a pipe on it and not have to buy new jets for it?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With this dial a jet thing can u add mods to your z, like put a pipe on it and not have to buy new jets for it?[/b]
Exactly. It's for that and for riders who change elevations alot.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think AtvSport had something about and they say it worked too.  I think u should buy it, and tel us if its worth teh money.[/b]
:? I knew someone was going to volunteer me! :roll: Maybe...we'll see.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cat with the dial a jet after u install it does it just automatically like rejet itself or do you have to turn something, i'm just trying to figure out exactly how it works. Thats sweet thanks for the info cat let us know what you decide to do hope it works if you if you buy it! :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Talk about a time saver! I just wish someone on here had one, so I could see if it actually works *hint,hint* :wink:

·
Registered
127 Posts
: well how it works on the ninja is ties all the carbs together and you have one dial to turn to set the jetting not sure how it works on the z

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I just spoke with Lonn at Thumper Products. I am very confident in purchasing the Dial-a-Jet. $69.95 plus $9.00 for filter plus $8.00 shipping.
I already asked about discounts and group buys. They are selling tons and it is not a very expensive product to start with so they are not interested.

That's fine. $90 bones is worth not having to tear apart my carb for every different riding condition.

What it is:

The device is installed between the air box and the carb.
It picks up fuel from the bowl and air from the tube that connects the carb and air box.

It atomizes the air and fuel making it lighter and it is dependant on engine load.

This is great for elevation changes.

If you are going to stay stock (no pipe or filter changes) then they recommend going down a jet or two but if you are going to do the filter and pipe change then you might not have to tear your carb apart at all.

There is an article in this month's dirt wheel that gives the run down on the Dial-a-Jet.

I am ordering soon and will post my findings.
later

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cat with the dial a jet after u install it does it  just automatically like rejet itself or do you have to turn something, i'm just trying to figure out exactly how it works.[/b]
Yeah, there's a little dial to adjust the mixture.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I am planning on getting one as soon as I decide on which pipe to buy. I am hoping that dial-a-jet will allow me to remove and replace my airbox lid according to conditions without me having to rejet. If it works, that would be a sweeeeet set-up. 8)

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have a dial-a-jet I'm not using, snorkle included. I'd be willing to trade it for a stock Z400 silencer. Anyone interested?

A

·
0 Posts
How about a Punched out Stock Silencer? :twisted:

If so....let me check with my spomsor.

·
Registered
399 Posts
so with the dial a jet i can put on a t4 slip on a k&n filter with max flow adapter and no airbox lid plus outwears and not have to tear the carb apart just install this thing and adjust the knob......do u start the z400 up and just turn it til it sounds right or what?????

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It's on the WAY!

I ordered the Dial-a-Jet, snokel, and TPI valve yesterday.

The TPI valve is a 2" adjustable square opening with filter.
You cut a hole in the air box or lid and attach this valve.
This way you can adjust your air intake flow so that you
don't get TOO MUCH AIR!

I will reply back after I have installed it and have it dialed in.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts