Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I’ll try to keep this short and simple. Was riding on my buddy’s track the other day and after a few laps I landed a jump and immediately the bike started a fast knocking noise. I killed it right away and began my bad mood phase!🤷. Afterwards I noticed the spark plug boot had popped off. Put it back on and started it up. Still knocking, shut her down. After taking the cylinder off I can see where the intake valves were hitting the top of the piston. I can NOT feel any play up and down on my rod and don’t see any metal or noticeable damage at this point. I currently have stage 2 intake & exhaust cams in the motor. So when I looked up my previous order for my valves on eBay it looks like I had bought “stock” kibblewhite valve kit with springs etc as opposed to the +1mm that I see are sold with the stage 2 cam/valve kit combos. So my questions are. 1) Is this the likely cause of my problem? 2) If this is the only damage that was done…. can I just replace the valves with +1mm valves and use the springs that I already have in it, set the timing/shims and be done OR do I also need the springs that come with the +1mm valves? Thanks for any/all help guys!

Attachments

· Administrator
3,991 Posts
You have to figure out why the valves hit the piston. Is that a 13.5 to 1 piston? Did your timing chain jump?
If the kibble whites are double springs, they should have held the valves in place. +1mm valves wont get you anthing more than bigger valves. You would certainly want to clay the motor to confirm what clearance you have, if everything seems normal with the rod bearings, and it's in time.

Reactions: JOE G

· Registered
199 Posts
If it were me, I'd replace the valve springs and all new Cylinder gaskets. Check all timing components and then do a Squish test to make sure your clearance up top are good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts