Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i am going to buy a uni air filter, and take my lid and snorkel off, do i need an adapter to do that or is it fine? and where do u reccomend i buy one from

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
yes u do need an adapter. alba sells them on their website, www.albaaction.com you will prob also have to rejet with the lid off, maybe not just try it out and see

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Actually, if you are going Uni, you do not need an adapter. They make a filter that fits in the stock mount. If you go with a K&N or Pro Flow then you will be looking to spend at least $100 with shipping. A Uni for the Z runs $22 plus shipping from Rocky Mountain ATV. . The only benefit you get with the adapter is a better seal which may not be necessary if you are not constantly getting big air and hammering the Z. Otherwise the stock filter mount is just fine. You can also get air box vents with filters in them so that you do not have to remove the lid. They are only $6.99 for 6 1" vents so even if you do not like them, you didn't waste much. Check out www.rockymountainatv.com.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts