Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i checked my valve clearances and my 2 intake valves were at 0 at tdc. One thing led to another and the curiosity got the better of me and i ended up taking the head off the see whats going on and so im wondering if i need new valves?
Any input is really apriciated thx

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
Looks like they’re open to me, so make sure you’re checking them at TDC when the cam lobes aren’t touching (lobes pointed at 10 and 2 o’clock on both cams).
With that being said, you can try to shim them if they’ve never been at zero before, but it probably won’t last long. Since you already have the head off and need a new head gasket, I would just replace them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So i checked my valve clearances and my 2 intake valves were at 0 at tdc. One thing led to another and the curiosity got the better of me and i ended up taking the head off the see whats going on and so im wondering if i need new valves?
Any input is really apriciated thx
View attachment 49864
Yes replace stock valves are junk, 2 piece and have to re shim often. Get a set of one piece valves and a set of drz valve springs.
434 bb old stage 3 hot cams head ported polished kibble valves rekey to 185 yoshi exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts