Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yoshi Comp pipe and airbox mods that I am waiting until the Spring to install. The reason is the temperature here is about 30-40 degrees for the daytime high. Nice huh? How much will the temperature effect my jetting? If I jetted it during the winter and got it dialed in, would I have to rejet for Spring/Summer temps? By the way, no flaming about the Yosh pipe please!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yeah I am pretty sure temperature effects jetting as well as elevation.

Oh and that Yoshi pipe well...J/P
Dont feel so insecure about the Yoshi pipe it is the best trail pipe it beat out all the other trail pipes like White Brothers. :)
We will have to wait and see what happens when they shoot out the race pipes.
Go CT!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dex, not insecure about the pipe. It is perfect for what I do, ride trails and blow away my in-laws on their utility quads! Also, it is easy to install and dial in. I just don't want to have to rejet in the Spring, that is the time to ride in Upstate NY.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I dont know what size but, i would check out dial-a-jet.

·
Registered
362 Posts
your okay with a 4 stroke.
2 strokes need to "richer" as the temp drops

Ive burned up a few 250r's and banshee's in my past $$$ from not having them properly jetted

·
Registered
116 Posts
YES Temp is a BIG factor

Temperature is a key factor in air/fuel ratios.
Cold air is dense = more air per the given volume, which is great for performance IF you can get more fuel to it.

I would wait, set it up for spring summer and then try some tweaks to richen it up come next winter so that you don't have to swap jets in and out.

How do I know this?
Blizzard of 1977 Suvivor, thats how~!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Put on that pipe and airbox mods.. Once you get it setup and dialed in you'll be good for a couple of months worth of riding and then your changes in the summer will be minimal. Cold air does make a difference, and it is also the best time to get the most performance out of your quad.. Heat really wears on our bikes.. So enjoy the cold while you can.. Besides once you learn to dial it in.. you'll learn alot and the changes in the summer will be cake for you.. If anything you'll just be a little rich in the summer.. No biggie... That my opinion.. Man you only live once and your going to sit around and wait for another season.. Your nutss..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zeeper, hey bud. I'm not just sitting around, I am riding the hell out of the quad. I'll bet your Dallas a$$ wouldn't be riding in 20 degree weather like we have up here. I want to spend my hard earned freetime riding and not wrenching. Once I install my pipe I don't want to have to rejet it every six months. I really need info from someone who has some knowledge about jetting in cold weather vs. warm weather, not a bizarre comment about sitting around!??

·
Registered
127 Posts
First off.. Your right.. I wouldn't be riding in 20 degree weather..( Personal preference) However, I know enough about adjusting the carb to tell you your wrench time is very minimal.. Once you get your jetting close the adjustment is pretty simply, and only take a matter of min. You acting like this w00ter takes days.. Cold, Hot, Warm.. Jetting is Jetting. It will depend on the difference in the temps. from winter to summer. If your temp only goes up 20 degrees no biggie. However your on earth so your summer months should have approx 50 degree warmer highs.. So you will at least have some adjustments to make. ( you can probably get away with your main jet setting. Guys correct me if I'm wrong here. )

Rochester, NY
January
Average High 31° F Average Low 17° F
Average Precip. 2.2 in
Average Snowfall 24.0 in

June Data
Average High 78° F
Average Morning Relative Humidty 26.1%
Average Low 56° F
Average Afternoon Relative Humidty 11.7%
Average Mean Temp 67° F

There is no universal jet setting for cold and hot.. So my point is Jet now and enjoy or jet later and wait either way your going to have to rejet.
So.. ask someone who (you trust) that has a similar setup as you what jetting has worked out for them in your climate and use that as a benchmark. Do a little fine tuning with your air/fuel screw & needle if need be and your set. My best guess is that in the summer you will just be adjusting your air/fuel screw and maybe moving your needle up a notch or two.. The main should be fine.
Its elementary my dear watson..
Man Stumpz.. dont get upset about the comment about sitting around.. I was just tring to get you motivated to put your pipe on.. jees dont take it so personal.. NOt tring to flame.. You have already paid for it.. get it on there and use it while you can. You never know what tom. brings. Take a little time and get everything installed and jetted and you'll enjoy
"riding the hell out of the quad" a little more on your next ride.
Just an opinion man....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Zeep, anybody else?

·
Registered
362 Posts
No not really just want to back up what Zeeper said. I also live in NY and like to go out on snow rides . At times the temp is below 20 degrees. and I havent jetted for the weather. Im more concered about keeping my self warm,,lol

Suzuki knows this they have the jetting set a lil rich probadly anyway.
Do they have the dealers in the north richen the carbs up some no.
Do they jet differently for dealers in Denver because of altitude no

If your a national racer looking for every last bit of HP,, yes. They fine tune the quads day to day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts