Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the local drag strip over the weekend and put up a 9.99et at almost 66 mph in the 8th mile with a stock engine, i beat a few stock raptors but the raptors with a pipe ran in the 9.6et range. i ended up winning overall :p :p and picked up a few bucks! does anyone else have any drag times?? let me know if mine is slow!?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I ran mine down a 1/8 mile. I ran a 9.7 at 69mph. And I am all stock. I had 5psi in my tires too. 8)

PS I also Drag Race a lot too. Motorcycles that is. So Im pretty good at it. You just got to wear in your bike more.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: Dirt drags

I am thinking of doing dirt drags, any pointers?[/b]
Just kept your A$$ at the back of the seat. LoL Sents you are drag racing in dirt. Also taking off is your most important chance of winning too. Just a few hints.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
the best mod u can make to a 4 whlr for drags is a wheelie bar. While everyone else is fightin to keep the front end down ur takin off down the strip. U can rig one up pretty easy and just have it bolt up where the skid plate bolts are. No need for a skid while draggin.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
the best mod u can make to a 4 whlr for drags is a wheelie bar. While everyone else is fightin to keep the front end down ur takin off down the strip. U can rig one up pretty easy and just have it bolt up where the skid plate bolts are. No need for a skid while draggin.[/b]

Yep, that is a good point....would help greatly and you could always take it off if you wanna take the bike to the trails. Just stay on the back end....dont spin the tires, and open her up....wind out the gears too without hitting the limiter and dont short shift or you will lose power.
The more air you are runnin in your tires helps too right? Like 5psi will perform better than 4 b/c there will be less surface area to cause friction.
If you are gonna do dirt drags, get a set of ITP Holeshots or Maxxis Razrs, I believe they will give you the best hookup possible, maybe Terf Tamers or R/A Shreaders too.
There is a list of other things you could do if you wanted to mod the bike out. I may be wrong on some of this stuff so you guys feel free to correct me here. lol. Maybe I helped somone out a bit.
:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts