Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DRZ400E 2013 with air box open and stock muffler with B and B insert. Carby is stock. Dealers differ in opinion when I ask the question on jetting. One suggestion is to install a 145 jet. Apparently Yoshi recommends this for their exhausts and even suits modifying the stock baffle.
Anybody done this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a DRZ400E 2013 with air box open and stock muffler with B and B insert. Carby is stock. Dealers differ in opinion when I ask the question on jetting. One suggestion is to install a 145 jet. Apparently Yoshi recommends this for their exhausts and even suits modifying the stock baffle.
Anybody done this.
I can now answer my own question thinking this will help someone else. I viewed Yoshi's recommendations for their exhaust installation at another dealership and it is for a 168 main jet with needle clip on the 5th ring down. I managed to get a 170 main jet as that is what was available for $20. Installed that and changed clip on needle and set the mixture screw at 2 1/4 turns out. Am so happy with results. Very noticeable difference. Great acceleration. I run 15 / 45 gearing and it lifts the front wheel off the ground with no lifting of the bars. Sliding around corners is real easy with a little acceleration. Pulls harder in low revs.
While on this I removed the carby deceleration enrichment control circuit. Utube video by EveRide Episode 13. Not a necessary part. It's nice to be able so stand on the pegs and not receive that thrust forward when decelerating.
All this has made this great bike even better to ride.

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
Thanks for posting the info. Yes, a 145 is way too small unless they are talking about a Kiehin jet rather than a Dyno jet. 160-170 main sounds much better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts