Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we went to change the oil in the Z400...don't have a manual for it. Warmed it up, took out the plug and dipstick, and only about a quart drained out...someone said there is oil in the frame too? does it drain separately, or am I just an idiot? Please help, I think it takes 2.2 quarts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Two drain plugs

There are two drain plugs. One in the crankcase and one in the oil tank, which is where the dipstick is. You have to drain them both.

·
Registered
660 Posts
no such thing as a dumb question :wink: what's dumb is if you do things without asking :roll: anyway, like stumpz says, there's one under the crankcase.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one more question

Thanks for the answer! After I drain both and put the plugs back in, do I refill both through the one dipstick opening? And how much oil does it take if I didn't change the filter too? What's a good place to buy the filter besides a dealer?

Thanks so much for the help

·
Registered
112 Posts
No such thing as a dumb question were all here to help one another :D

·
Registered
660 Posts
yep, you fill it where the dipstick screws on/off. best way to do it is to get yourself a real small and thin funnel. it should take 2 quarts w/o the filter but the best thing to do is to fill it, warm her up and recheck. adjust level as necessary. go to any bike shop to get the filter for it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I like to change the filter every oil change, they don't cost alot.
The key to making any motor last is clean oil. Its like cheap insurance.

Only way to learn is to ask questions. So ask ask ask!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts