Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i Have Red label .190 dwt rims on the back of my z with holeshot Hds on them and when i was washing it the other day i noticed the back side of the rim where the tire seats to the bead has a bent/flat spot. i guess this had to happen from a rock but the tire holds air and there is no scuff marks on sidewall of tire or the rim? weird huh? anyone ever bend of of these rims just from trail riding?

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,047 Posts
I bend stock rims and itp rims while trail riding. The rims were totaled

·
3,047 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow that's bad. what happened?

·
3,047 Posts
Rocks / im not sure lol. Just flying down a big coal road and I cut a corner and I went sideways in the air and landed in a little wash out and my rim looked like that in the bottom pic. And the other one was from I'm not sure but I was jumping at a mx track near my house. I think it was rocks to.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I bend stock rims and itp rims while trail riding. The rims were totaled
it happens when you only run 2-3 psi of air in your tires.

i have yet to bend a rim...

·
3,047 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
3-4, 6-7 psi... both wrong ;). It's supposed to be 5 in front and 4 in the rear! In all seriousness, i've bent a few stock wheels just trail riding. I picked up a set of baja's and they never bent, now i've got douglas g2 headlocks on there, we'll see how they hold up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i only run 2 psi in my rear tires anything more it it makes a really rough ride

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
there's your answer....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but if i run 4 it seems like they bounce off every little bump/rock?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
4 is the minimum i'd run unless you have reinforced rims. At 2 psi i'm surprised this is the first rim you've bent.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So it would be ok to run 3-4 with my dwt beadlocks?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
MINIMUM 4, haven't had a problem yet.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
but if i run 4 it seems like they bounce off every little bump/rock?
Thats the whole idea of running 4 psi. You want the tire to bounce off not flatten down and bend your rim. Also that is the reason people buy better suspension so they don't feel all that bouncing around that these bikes are famous for. So far my suspension was the best investment I've done to my ride:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Thats the whole idea of running 4 psi. You want the tire to bounce off not flatten down and bend your rim. Also that is the reason people buy better suspension so they don't feel all that bouncing around that these bikes are famous for. So far my suspension was the best investment I've done to my ride:cool:
+1!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
I run 15 in the front and 10 in the rear :) 2psi is way too low..I've had issues with itp wheels with the centers bending so they wobble. But the douglas I've had no problems with.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
yea pretty sure i run about 10psi all around...rides fine and no bent rims!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts