1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Doesn't look like a bad gain!

A

·
0 Posts
They are full of it...they are saying 31-32 HP stock.....come on now...they need to FIX thier dyno!

I hate it when these companies do that...like when we take a deer to the deer cutter...thier scale says 120 pounds...when we just weighed it at home it weighed 160 pounds. That's when I broke my scale and some weights out and showed the jerks they WERE wrong! About 5 people were right there watching too...!

·
Registered
69 Posts
i like how they use mph instead of rpm to measure it, to me that is lame, when i have my car dynoed i do not care what mph it is at, just what it is doing in the rpm range, thay away you can tell what it is doing, ct has it right. just my opinon though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
how are dyno runs done anyway? do they rev them from low to high end in fifth gear or what?

·
Registered
69 Posts
i am not sure on a quad, but on a car they put it in high gear, and start at about 3000 rpm and rev it to redline. I am sure it is probably like that on a quad to. If you run it through the gears it will just rev and not get an accurate number, that is why they put it in high gear, so it takes longer to run through the rpm range. :D

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
DT, I didn't really look at those lighter lines, just the bold ones, and with the bold ones it is just just under 30 HP stock, which is right

·
Registered
49,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are full of it...they are saying 31-32 HP stock.....come on now...they need to FIX thier dyno!  

I hate it when these companies do that...like when we take a deer to the deer cutter...thier scale says 120 pounds...when we just weighed it at home it weighed 160 pounds. That's when I broke my scale and some weights out and showed the jerks they WERE wrong! About 5 people were right there watching too...![/b]

31-33 HP is about right....it depends on where your located though...alba dynoed a stock Z and got 33HP on their dyno...so 32hp is about right for trinity, which is located about 1.5 hours north of us...

·
Registered
81 Posts
DT, I didn't really look at those lighter lines, just the bold ones, and with the bold ones it is just just under 30 HP stock, which is right[/b]
blue is hp curve
red is torque curve

bold is with pipe
light is stock

·
Registered
81 Posts
even if the baseline HP is B.S. which i dont think it is....the two readings would still show the performance difference in relation with each other. i do think that rpm axis would be better than mph though

·
Registered
407 Posts
it seems right i cant wait to get the trinity on the z

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
DT, I didn't really look at those lighter lines, just the bold ones, and with the bold ones it is just just under 30 HP stock, which is right[/b]
blue is hp curve
red is torque curve

bold is with pipe
light is stock[/b][/quote]

ok, for some reason, I just looked at it and assumed that red was stock and blue was with pipe, just wasn't thinking

·
Registered
717 Posts
Grrrr... How come these things never work for me? I cant see the dyno or the Predator drawings!

·
Registered
517 Posts
didn't you cost yourself some $ on that one?

I hate it when these companies do that...like when we take a deer to the deer cutter...thier scale says 120 pounds...when we just weighed it at home it weighed 160 pounds. That's when I broke my scale and some weights out and showed the jerks they WERE wrong! About 5 people were right there watching too...![/b]
:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts