Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i know its been talked about before and ive read all the past threads about it, but im still confused. Could someone please explain how dynojet's numbering system relates to mikuni jet #s. i just bought the dynojet kit and i have a trinity pipe on the way, but now im not sure if my jet kit includes jets big enough for what i need. i understand that dynojets numbers are based on the diameter of the opening in the jet, and that mikuni jets are numbered according to their flow rates. Im thinking that a 155 dynojet (the biggest included in the kit) is about the same as a 165 mukuni jet? is this right? if this is opposite of the truth, then the dynojet kit is worthless to me.
I know that trinity sends a jet with the pipe and silencer but i wanted to be able to change my needle as well so i bought the kit. Can anyone clear this up? thnx

G

·
If this kit is for a Z something is messed up. I got like up to a 175. If you look at all the numbers it will have some letters and than like 150 or something like that. The numbers are the jet size. I just put a Yosh pipe and a K&N airfilter and ditched the lid and i am running a 150 jet. You need to ask around about the jet. I would make sure I have them jets a call somebody and check on that. Let me know if you need anymore help.

Knowles

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bumpy bumperton from bumpsville

·
Registered
582 Posts
Mine goes up to 155 also. i didnt take off the lid so iam only up to a 146 jet size. Not sure on the cross reference of jets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts