Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a Eiger Quad in my Small Engine Shop a Grandfather decided to fix for his grandson. Well, I got it disassembled (carburetor off) and being told (carburetor is good it has a bad spark plug.) Well, the carburetor had set with bad gas and was a write off so I tried in vain to rebuild it but the varnish/build-up was too bad. Here is my problem I have a new carburetor and I have put the new carburetor on, but the grandfather has multiple items unplugged, vacuum hoses lose, etc... and I have no manual about what goes where. Does anyone have a link to hose connections? I have at least 3 (?) loose lines laying loose running different directions as well as one on top of the carburetor that is about 6inches long but so far I cannot find anywhere they connect. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
What cc and year? I’ll see what I can find, if anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
400 CC. I got it up and running. The customer is now being a total pain. It performs flawlessly, yet he complains "you didn't hook up the choke (I did), it's an automatic and you idled it too high, etc...." Anyone information about an tuning I would greatly appreciate!

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
Idle is important on those. Too high and it engages the centrifugal clutch, but you probably know that. Some people just can’t be pleased.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I personally believe his problem is he trying to complain enough to get his repair costs lowered. This 4 wheeler has been used and abused.and he didn't want to take it to a regular ATV repair shop. We are a small engine shop, but we work on a variety of things (mainly equipment.) I have worked on ATV's in the past, but not as my primary occupation.

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
I believe you are correct.

Reactions: christoddotis
1 - 6 of 6 Posts