Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought a 250 as a project, so I joined the forum. Guy sold it to me because it would start, and it had been sitting for months. First thing I did was change the battery, and I had everything needed to start except fuel, so I converted to manual fuel petcock (old one was completely clogged and unrepairable), and I cleaned the carb. So that was about 3 days ago, and when I had done everything, I went to start and just heard one click, so I thought it was the starter solenoid, so I changed it. After that, still the same one click and it turned to multiple so I changed the battery even though it is new. I put in the new battery, started right up, with the exception of adjusting the idle, air filter not in/dirty, etc., but the point is the bike cranked perfectly. So 20 minutes pass by since I am just tweaking these minor things, so everything is ready, and now I am back to one click. I have checked the grounds, tested battery, cleaned connectors, hooked starter to battery directly (but doesn't crank, I am not sure if I am using right polarity though), so at this point I am completely lost, I would like to know from where the power needs to come in order for solenoid to operate, and just any suggestions you guys can help me out with, I would really appreciate it, thanks so much.

·
Super Moderator
3,452 Posts
If your started is grounded and you put 12 volts to the post, it should work. If not, it's bad. Likewise, the solenoid should suppy 12 volt to that post when you push the start button.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your started is grounded and you put 12 volts to the post, it should work. If not, it's bad. Likewise, the solenoid should suppy 12 volt to that post when you push the start button.
Yea so I took out the starter, noticed it was worn out and dirty so there was barely any contact between the plates. I cleaned it, installed it, and it cranked over. I could stay like that but it would just cause further damage. Thanks for the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts