Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. Recently my suzuki ltz 400 has been acting strange. When i turn on my headlights and ride my four wheeler around it runs fine. But as soon as i shut the four wheeler off and try to start it, it won't start. When i ride the four wheeler without turning on the lights and shut it off, it starts right back up. What do you guys think the problem is?

·
Super Moderator
4,510 Posts
Sounds like the battery isn't charging. You'll have to start testing the charging system. Stator, rectifier, loose terminals, etc.

·
Super Moderator
4,510 Posts
The relay, generally, either works or doesn't. It may also stick in the engaged position, but it's rare and not at all like what you're describing.

If riding with the lights on makes it not want to turn over afterward, then the lights are using more power than the quad is making to recharge the battery. Either you have a fire-of-a-thousand-suns headlight, or the charging system isn't making enough juice. The battery could also be on its last leg, only recharging to minimal levels, which is probably because of the charging system not working well enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts