Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so i'm trying to figure out what I need/should replace for my winter rebuild.. So far I have the D.I.D cam chain, head gasket, single layer base gasket, and clutch cover gasket. I plan on getting a Tusk clutch with the heavy duty springs, Wiseco Valves (I know, I know, I should really go with Ferrea's or Kibble White's, but Wiseco makes good products and I figured i'd give 'em a try!), DRZ springs, Valve seals, and a Namura piston.. anything else I should replace?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
kw valves..... If you're going to do a piston, might as well do a cylinder. Get rid of that stock carb....

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
easy there biggs.. don't have that much money! lol. As much as I would love to get an FCR, don't think it's in the budget right now.. I'm going to see if the mechanics class i'm in for school has the machine to bore out cylinders. If I can do a +4mm bore to a 434cc.. would I need to re-sleeve for a 434?

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
No just buy my BBK and your set. Although you would have to re-sleeve if you bought a sleeve kit, IMO I think buying just the cylinder is easier than working about getting the sleeve right.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Better off buying tuckers kit. It'll be cheaper than boring, then re-plating. Re-plating is around $200-$250.

PS: What mechanics class are you in? I went to Lincoln Tech and it was a joke.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm in boces (in yorktown)
I was thinking about just staying stock bore size, Namura Piston with the single layer gasket (just to bump up the compression a little).. But I figured I might be able to bore out my cylinder if they had the machine in my class.. I'll probably just stay with the Namura Piston though, i'll just do a mild build.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there anything else i should buy besides:
Valves
Valve Seals
Valve Springs
Piston
Clutch?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
If you ever do a bore, make sure you do it at a machine shop.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not so sure I want to buy a head Tucker lol.. unless you want to do a trade + cash?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hahaha yeah, just figured I would try lol..

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
Hey i was thinking before i went to sleep last night and is your head in good shape and all that? Because if i convert my quad back to stock and sell it i would do that trade plus cash.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
you might need valve guides, and the seats cut. throwing new valves in old worn guides and seats could end with a wasted engine.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Want some new style hot cams w/ less than an hour on them?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts