Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother bought one of these bikes a couple months back and the previous owner had a toggle switch wired to the fan switch (lower sensor / switch in radiator). Today we removed the toggle switch, and installed new oem fan switch and the switch sensor. The fan will not turn on with it setup how it should be. With a cheap test light I am getting power to the sensor and the switch. Anybody know what the heck we should do as the next step to get this fan working?

·
Super Moderator
3,567 Posts
Fan only runs when it is really hot, maybe it hasn't called for it to run yet?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No we started my Dads ltz a couple minutes after my brothers, so we would know if it should have turned on. My Dads took about 10 minutes before the fan kicked on but my brothers never did. Also his temp light lit up shortly after my Dads fan kicked on.

·
Super Moderator
3,567 Posts
Did you power the fan directly to test it? I"m not sure where the fan fuse sits in the equation, but is it good?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you power the fan directly to test it? I"m not sure where the fan fuse sits in the equation, but is it good?
Yes it the fan worked when connected to a toggle switch. We wanted to remove the toggle switch and get the fan to function correctly like it would stock. Maybe the relay should be changed if there is one?

·
Super Moderator
3,567 Posts
I was thinking about the fan fuse in the little holder by the fan. Is it good?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it figured out last night. The wiring connector at the fan switch was slightly loose. My uncle wiggled the wires as we had it running and the fan kicked on. We ordered a new fan to fix this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts