Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fan stopped working. It all of a sudden will not come on. Is there a fuse or something that could have gone bad that controls the fan? If so, where is it located? What parts could be bad?

· Registered
10,044 Posts
QUOTE (skoolball23 @ Sep 28 2009, 08:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=760870
My fan stopped working. It all of a sudden will not come on. Is there a fuse or something that could have gone bad that controls the fan? If so, where is it located? What parts could be bad?[/b]
There is a fuse under the seat to the left rear of the battery. this is when sitting on it. check that fuse. not likely your problem. either the fan motor went bad or the coolant temp sensor is bad. when you get it to operating temp tap on the fan motor and see if it comes on or move the blade with a screwdriver. comes on...bad motor, doesnt come on, tap on the sensor. come one bad sensor. doesnt come on still could be a bad motor or sensor....now will be the time to break out the multimeter and start checking voltages. if none of this helps, report back and one of us will walk you through what you have to check for.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE (LTZguy @ Sep 28 2009, 10:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=760872
There is a fuse under the seat to the left rear of the battery. this is when sitting on it. check that fuse. not likely your problem. either the fan motor went bad or the coolant temp sensor is bad. when you get it to operating temp tap on the fan motor and see if it comes on or move the blade with a screwdriver. comes on...bad motor, doesnt come on, tap on the sensor. come one bad sensor. doesnt come on still could be a bad motor or sensor....now will be the time to break out the multimeter and start checking voltages. if none of this helps, report back and one of us will walk you through what you have to check for.[/b]

no the fuse is not under the seat its in a rubber black box on the right side of the rad. there are 2 fuses in there, a spare, and the one for the fan. LTZguy in 03 i think they didnt have a fuse for the fan, i dont know when they started putting fan fuses on but i think his 06 has it

· Registered
10,044 Posts
QUOTE (KMGLTZ @ Sep 30 2009, 07:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=761042
no the fuse is not under the seat its in a rubber black box on the right side of the rad. there are 2 fuses in there, a spare, and the one for the fan. LTZguy in 03 i think they didnt have a fuse for the fan, i dont know when they started putting fan fuses on but i think his 06 has it[/b]
I was wondering at first what you were talking about, a fuse by the radiator? I have lightened my harness and removed un-neede wires and never saw anything like that, but mine is an 03 so that explains it. my bad. OP, check to see if the connection where the fuse pluse is corroded. my rear fuse was corroded and cause me some grief.

· Registered
10,044 Posts
Sorry for the misinformation. I wasnt aware of that as i have an 03....my bad

· Premium Member
12,457 Posts
never noticed a fuse by my fan.............

· Administrator
4,025 Posts
i have not be able to locate. can you be more specific. thank you
Follow the wire from the fan. Should be a fuse block with a spare fuse in it, close by..

· Administrator
4,025 Posts
What cover? You need to open the fuse block to access the fuse.

· Administrator
4,025 Posts
Tire Automotive tire Hood Green Automotive lighting

That's it with the red wire going into it..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts