Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
My friend's atv(2006 trx450er) is stalling when he presses the clutch and put the bike in first gear!
If he starts the bike when he is in first gear and still hold the clutch, the bike start to move!

We are about to check that tonight, do you have any advice?
I told him to buy a suzuki but oh well... :p

·
Registered
330 Posts
clutch cable isn't adjusted properly.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The clutch is dragging.. Try adjusting the clutch cable (there should only be about a quarters thickness in clutch lever play.) but if that doesn't work, then he's probably going to need a new clutch

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
First and foremost... check the oil level. I had that happen once after a rebuild, and it was because there wasn't enough oil in it to keep the clutches wet. If it's low enough that your discs aren't wet, it's low enough to hurt the engine.

Then move on to the adjustment.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hire a fairy, it's always the answer when it comes to clutches, but and a less whimsical note, i agree adjust the cable if not it could also be the actuator rod got hung up or bent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
definately clutch cable...and by the way, thank him for buying a honda, so you can see how a real bike feels;)

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
definately clutch cable...and by the way, thank him for buying a honda, so you can see how a real bike feels;)
Honda makes excellent lawn mowers. He's on the right site for a real bike. :loser:

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive never seen a honda lawn mower but hey, i respect your suzuki and wont say anything bad about em so do the same for other brands please. besides it dont matter what you ride, its that you keep the sport alive!

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
ive never seen a honda lawn mower but hey, i respect your suzuki and wont say anything bad about em so do the same for other brands please. besides it dont matter what you ride, its that you keep the sport alive!
No disrespect, just mentioning that honda's make excellent lawn mowers. They also make terrific power washers and generators. ;).

·
Registered
12 Posts
that is a sweet looking mower, unfortunatly i would never run a honda mower, for that application i use a john deere

sorry for thread jacking btw

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
<--- Husqvarna zero turn, Kubota tractor, kubota rtv.... no john deere :(, but my wife's father has one!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was also thinking that maybe it can be the clutch springs that have been tighten too much or not enough, there is a tighting spec for that, right?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First and foremost... check the oil level. I had that happen once after a rebuild, and it was because there wasn't enough oil in it to keep the clutches wet. If it's low enough that your discs aren't wet, it's low enough to hurt the engine.

Then move on to the adjustment.
oil is ok + has been change and it is still doing it

·
Registered
433 Posts
i still say fairy, have you adjusted the cable yet?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
About changing the clutch, won't a worn clutch just alway slide? this on has too much grip.
When the enigne starts to get warm he has less trouble with it but still it does it.

When he is riding after a while he can stops and stay on first gear without stalling but can't push the bike to make it reverse(sorry for my english)

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
A worn clutch will slip, a stretched cable out of adjustment will cause it to not disengage.

If the cable adjustment does not fix the issue, there could be something internally causing the clutch to stick. There could be fragments of friction disc, metal fragments, heat scoring. There is a lot of variables, but the easiest thing to check/do is adjust the cable.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tried to adjust the clutch(pretty easy to adjust with trx450r btw!) it did nothing
I removed to pressure plate and all the blades, nothing looks wrong
but I found they were kinda sticky together...like some time 2 plate get stuck together but I can separe them with my hands
is that normal?
next step will be to go deeper in the clutch....scratching my head now!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Just found that the spring were out of service limit, but that should not matter?
Nothing keeps the plate sticky and the cable adjustment is at the most tight!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts