Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best place to get the FCR 39? on ebay there is non oem ones, and nothing on facbook as well, tt deal is way too expensive imo...
some1 selling or something??

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how bad is the ebay fcr 39? , Jet-Lab carbs fcr's is around 500$ , dono if can do 500$ atm on this mode

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also is the 41 similar to the 39 (will fit in the ltz?) ?is this good deal?

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,841 Posts
It's usually best to stick with a 39 unless you have a big bore or stroker. That said, a 41 would operate properly even on a 400, but it may cost a little torque.

Whenever I need one, I usually go find a good used one off of a YFZ 450, TRX 450, or one of the 450 dirt bikes. I buy them used, knowing I need to fix them up, and re-tune them. That has worked well for me. Those chinese carbs on ebay are usually not real trust worthy.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx man, i found one off of yfz450 o4, owner said that main is 158, pilot 48, i have look at jetting data base , havent dound one similar to me .
im about 500m elevation, lid on(lots of water where i ride a winter) , lexx exaust, no other mods(fcr is first one ) , 400, stock 90mm je piston , kw+1 valves with kw duel titanuim springs.
is those jets can work fine on my pretty stock quad? i wanna get the jet kit before/with the carb...
also i can i noticed rich condition?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the next mod to do after i will get fcr done?, i cant affored to go all in , on all the mods at once, too expensive...
i was thinking BBK next...
anything better before(hotcams or something)??

·
Administrator
7,841 Posts
I'm not sure on jetting for an FCR with the air box lid on. I haven't ever set one up for that. I would think the main would be in the lower 150's The main in the FCR is somewhat dependent on what needle it has. My recommendation is based on a NCVQ needle. It is possible that the stock YFZ needle may work good with the air box lid on. That may want a bigger main jet though. The pilot usually would be around a 45. You may want to have a 42 handy just in case. Sometimes they will like a 48, but usually that's a little too big.

For a next mod, there's several ways to go. I normally say to go with cams next, but if you intend to keep the air box lid on, a big bore will do more for you. Your main jet will likely need to get smaller with a big bore kit, as odd as that sounds, thanks to the air box restriction. Any way you can find to feed additional air to the air box would also be a good move. The restriction of pulling all the air through that snorkel will hold it back, and have a big effect on jetting.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how about build a custum lid with air filter in it, that way moe air will flow in the box , and also will keep som water away at winter?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what are stage 1/2 or whatever, do engine wize? it allow more mix of air and fuel into the comb chamber? like more lift or something?

·
Administrator
7,841 Posts
how about build a custum lid with air filter in it, that way moe air will flow in the box , and also will keep som water away at winter?
EHS racing replaces part of the lid with outerware. It would be easy to duplicate.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so if im cutting the lid and putting a flat air filter there , the 158 will sound legit?

another question , i have slipping from first to neutral when im trying to start riding, it also sometimes will nedd 2 pushes to get into 2th gear , i have asked already here, u think replacing clutch to quality one +changing oil(again), can solve it?

·
Administrator
7,841 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have changed few months ago ,to like regular clutch kit off of ebay...

·
Administrator
7,841 Posts
so if im cutting the lid and putting a flat air filter there , the 158 will sound legit?

another question , i have slipping from first to neutral when im trying to start riding, it also sometimes will nedd 2 pushes to get into 2th gear , i have asked already here, u think replacing clutch to quality one +changing oil(again), can solve it?
No, that doesn't sound like a clutch issue. I have seen some bent detents in LT-Z's before though. That could be at least part of the issue. That is inside the clutch cover.

·
Administrator
7,841 Posts
I forgot to answer the jetting question. A vented lid will call for a bigger main jet. Usually it's still a little smaller than it would be with an open air box. It's hard to predict, because it depends on the airflow, or the overall restriction of the airbox with that modification.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if i will pull clutch cover apart , i will be able to see if something is wrong ,? or i will nedd to split the cases?

·
Administrator
7,841 Posts
With the clutch cover off, and maybe the clutch, you can see the shift linkage operate, and maybe can see if something is going on there. If not, then it would mean splitting the case to access the shift forks, and stuff.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
update(pop out of first gear problem);
went out this morning , I was wearing reguler shoes (not the riding bםots). and also i released the clutch from handle almost all the way, and then started to thighten it, now it wont pop out of first gear , rides great,
2 things i thing have coused it(nedd to ride long trips to see if it solved but anyway...)
1-didnt put it all the way into gear(boots still stify).
2-clutch was way too tight, which might pul the clutch a bit , which allows first gear to pop out sometime....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts