FCR 41.5 jet lab carb
Raptor Petcock
FCI intake

I may be missing things but for the most part that’s my setup

cant seem to get the quad up and running

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
What jets and what fuel are you running?

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
That’s a lot of fuel if you ask me, but what’s it doing? Starting, at least?

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
Choke makes no difference?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn’t make a difference that I notice, I have to hold the throttle a bit in order for it to want to start
I also have a weak battery which I’m going to replace today and see if that makes any difference

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a few different size pilots and going from a 182 to a 175 main to see if that helps with anything

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
Probably need to go lower on the pilot. Sounds way too rich. The “choke” actually gives it more fuel and opening the throttle slightly gives it more air. With the choke being useless, I’d say it’s already too rich. The main doesn’t start to work until about 1/4 throttle. Get the pilot right first, then worry about the main.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay thank you. I’ll see if I can find a few smaller pilot jets and see what I can come up with

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can also mess with the fuel screw turning it out to almost 3 turns and it doesn’t seem to do anything when it is running...idle is very inconsistent and hangs sometimes

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
Hmmm, both of those posts sound like it may be too lean. A 41 is a bit big, so try going down or up on the pilot and see which gets better. Just an FYI, the fuel screw gets richer as you back it out. Each time you change jets, put it back at 2 turns out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts