Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend I'm going to be installing all the parts I've picked up over the past couple weeks. I will be installing a full Yosh RS-2 system, NSHC's, aluminium air box with Uni clamp on filter, 400ex boot, and a fcr carb off a 06YFZ. Already has a DID cam chain and DRZ base gasket installed.
My first question is under the Hotcams install section it talks about dropping the shim on the exhaust .20mm and the optimal clearances at .15mm for intake and .20mm for exhaust. Is this for the new style or old? Or are they the same?
Second question is for jetting the carb. Right now there is a 172 main, 45 pilot, and 35 leak installed. Do you think this is a good starting point for my mods? I'm around 1000ft above sea level.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I run my FCR at sea level 165, 45, 35, 2 turns so you should be close, make sure you have either the spring or o ring mod on the AP. Let us know.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done the o-ring mod as well as eliminating the tors/tps. I still have to switch the idle cable over from the sticker. I read in the fcr thread that the tap size I needed was a 5mm-.50 tap but I thought that I saw biggie post that is was a 6mm-50. Does anyone know which it is so I can try to get it off one of my tool guys this week?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I think my first post was incorrect. I wound up buying the right tap and sending it to Spize, I think he sent it out to someone else. I'll find out who he sent it to and see if they'll send it to you. I bought it so we could all use it and pass it on! I think it was 5mm by .50

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be great. Do you know where you got it or if matco or snap on would have them? Also does anyone know if the hotcams install valve lash if for the old or new style cans?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Snap on doesn't have it, I tried to get it from my dealer. I wound up getting it on amazon.com. Amazon.com: 5mm x .5 High Speed Steel Plug Tap: Home Improvement

It's cheap, but it did the job. Before you spend more shipping than the actual tap costs... let's see if I can get it sent to you.

I know for sure the hot cams lash is for the nshc's, but not sure about the old.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'll wait to see if you hear from spize on the tap, if not I'll check with my local granger or order one.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Either way, don't pay much for it! It's a tap you'll use once, so not worth too much.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have it Biggie and I bought the 4.5 mm pilot bits to go with it. I have done my second FCR carb and can ship it if necessary. The tap is M5 X 0.5. Bits were like $4 from ebay

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Up to you guys. Glad that tap is working out for you!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yep I will send it back to spize if so, he has not done his yet I don't think.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Would you mind sending it to chris and he can send it back to spize?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
PM me a address

·
Registered
4,131 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Would you mind sending it to chris and he can send it back to spize?
Tap and bits shipped to Chris with Spize address included for return. 9/17

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Very cool! Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts