Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Installing my FCR I had started with a 42 pilot jet. I turned my fuel screw all the way in and it didnt kill the motor out so I went down to a 40. I turned my fuel screw all the way in with the same results. So I special ordered a 38 Pilot jet and now if I am bottomed out on the fuel screw it slows the idle slightly, but the idle doesnt change after half a turn out. It seems insane to drop to a 36 pilot jet if one is even made. I have the new Pilot Air Jet from the rebuild kit, and I just today ran carb cleaner through and blew compressed air through the Pilot air jet Circuit to make sure it is cleaned. I droped my NCVQ needle down the 5th clip and still the same results. I am running a 158 main jet and the plug looks tan. I ride at about 4,000 feet elevation. I read on TT about people with DRZs taking the PAJ out completely, but havent tried it yet.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I removed the PAJ and put the 40 PJ back in. Sounds good to me at 1 1/2 turns out.

On a side note... it either floods itself out or starves for fuel when turning hard left at slow speeds. Full tank of gas and no its not a cable/wiring issue. Going to lower the float and see if it helps.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have a similar problem with my pilot set-up. Which one is the PAJ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The PAJ is the screw on the left if youre looking at the mouth of the carb from the filter side. When TT sells their FCR-MX carb kit for DRZ they recommend not running a PAJ.

On my other problem. I lowered the float to allow less fuel into the bowl and it helped, but it still cuts out if i dive into a left turn hard enough and I cant bicycle on the right tires. Any ideas? Lower the float more? How much is too much? Maybe my carb is angled too far forward?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, I see we are both running the NCVQ needle, I wonder if that is too aggressive for our pilot systems and letting in more fuel at an idle than we need?

·
Registered
242 Posts
i am running the same needle, i have an o2 sensor that i am tuning with -
i am about to change out the needle for a little to a larger diameter one . 1/8 throttle is to rich in my setup currently.
once i get it tuned in better i will let you know what i end up with
i am running a 70 pilot air jet i think with a 38 pilot jet.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Screw it, changed the angle that the carb was mounted - problem solved :clap::clap:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am running the same needle, i have an o2 sensor that i am tuning with -
i am about to change out the needle for a little to a larger diameter one . 1/8 throttle is to rich in my setup currently.
once i get it tuned in better i will let you know what i end up with
i am running a 70 pilot air jet i think with a 38 pilot jet.

Hmm it seems we have a common issue here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts