Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the final pics of my 440 sleeve and piston. I picked up the sleeve today from the machine shop,,they got it out with no problem,,,heres the link http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jster171/lst?&....rc=ph%26.view=t

Again,,,I'm asking $200 for the sleeve and the Wiseco piston with rings and pin of course in the original box. Whether your Z is bone stock or modified,,,this kit will make it impresively stronger,,ALL you need to do is take the stock cylinder and this sleeve to an engine machine shop and have them install it,,swap pistons,, use a new base and head gasket ($40) and put it back together. Done.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
how much does the machine work cost? I know it is going to vary due to labor charges at different places, but on average what does it cost to get an engine bored and put back together?

·
Registered
517 Posts
SLEEVES...and yes.

Does the cylinder have to be bored to accept the new sleve?  Also, is the sleve a nikasil sleve?[/b]
Really, that is a.......question.

If you increase the size of the sleeve you have to bore the cylinder. Why fool around with engine mods without over-boing to gain more displacement? Nothing replaces displacement for generating usable, realiable HP!

Elementary, really.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My local machine shop charged me $125 to bore the cylinder and install the sleeve. I done the rest,,taking it apart and putting it back together. Its REALLY easy,,I dont know why so many people stress over it,,, if you dont have a manual,,I will scan the neccesary pages from my manual and email them to you or burn them to CD and send it with the kit if the buyer wants me to. These pages will show you how to take the head and cylinder off and put it back on along with Torque specs and how to get your cam timing right,,, SOUNDS kinda spooky to some people at first,,my self included when I first went into a motor back in 92,,my first REAL sportbike,,GSXR-750. I was nervous about the whole thing,,but its not rocket science,,,pay attention to how you took it apart,,use the directions that I can send you,,and its a piece of cake and makes you feel good when the jobs done,, you'll know FOR SURE that everything HAS been tightened to spec and nothing was overlooked,,you wont get that security from a shop,,unless your gulable or are a valued customer. They dont take their time and make sure everything is "just so",,they get paid per job they do and they're in it for the money.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: SLEEVES...and yes.

Does the cylinder have to be bored to accept the new sleve?  Also, is the sleve a nikasil sleve?[/b]
Really, that is a.......question.

If you increase the size of the sleeve you have to bore the cylinder. Why fool around with engine mods without over-boing to gain more displacement? Nothing replaces displacement for generating usable, realiable HP!

Elementary, really.[/b][/quote]

Actually Bio that question is not that far off. A sleve with less material would fit in the same hole and have a larger bore. Thanks for the spelling LESSUN though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you put a sleeve in the "stock bore" cylinder,,, theres no way on gods green earth that you'll INCREASE your displacement. Come on,,
Now,,if I'm hearing you right cain730,,your asking me if I'm removing the CURRENT sleeve and going with ANOTHER sleeve thats simply thinner to accomodate a new piston,,, NO,,I'm not doing that,,, the sleeve would have way to thin of a wall thickness and would break. But for a stock cylinder,,, yes,,you MUST bore it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sale pending,, guy says he's gonna see if his wife will let him buy it as an early xmas present.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yep, thats what I was asking, I just haven't heard, until now, how much meat there was on the sleve. After all, you can go up to 426 with an ex. Thanks for the info on that though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never mind,,the deal fell through,, said his wife has already gotten him all that he's getting for xmas,,, still for sale,,best offer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$170 to your door,,make a great xmas gift for your Z,,,you are gonna buy it something for christmas arn't you??

·
Registered
23 Posts
in feb. i will have the money if u still have then.im gonna try to get my mom to buy it for me for xmas but i dono if they will.is it still for sell??and if i changed the piton and got a smaller compession can i run regural gas??

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes,,if you change the piston,,still a 440,, to the lower ratio,,you can run straight pump gas.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Will it run on pump gas with the wiseco piston that your selling?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No,,not straight pump gas,,, at least a 50/50 mix with 110 race gas. Thats what I ran.

·
Registered
206 Posts
What is the compression ratio? Stay on here and watch this because I am very interested. I might buy within the next couple of days.

·
Registered
206 Posts
What is the approximate octane level to meet? Could I meet in with Octane Boost? I sent you an e-mail.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The compression I got was 215 pounds. Stock is said to be around 140-150...dont know the octane goal,,, I got this kit from Thumper racing and they said no less than 50/50 mix. I buy race gas 5 gallons at a time and mix it,, so since I only ride every other Sunday,, it lasts me a long time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With the mods you have on your Z,,,, it REALLY help it alot. You'd love it for sure. Once you had that,, you could later add full exhaust and cams and it'd run that much better,,, that would make it fly on top for sure.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I meant what was the compression ratio. (ex. 12:5:1) Do you know it? What was the octane of the race gas?

llknowlesll

1 - 20 of 21 Posts