Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back from picking my 400z up from Chicago Cycle Center($5137 OTD) and took her for a ride down the street came back and let her idle for a while and while i was sitting on the tailgate of my truck i saw a bolt on the ground. It's a brand new bolt of the 400z! It even has the white dot on top like someone checked off on it. I haven't found where it goes yet but when i crawled under the quad to see if i could see anything i found oil leaking out of the drain plug or i think thats where it is leaking from. I took a socket to see if it was just loose but it was tight. Maybe it has a o ring seal. it mey be bad. Has anyone else have these proplems? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Thanks will do. That is sad that we spend that kind of money and have to worry about if the thing was put together right or even if the bolts are tight. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was puting up another post and thought about you and was thinking If I couldnt find where the bolt was from I'd take it the dealer so that they would atleast know you had a problem although they probably wouldnt be able to find it either. atleast when something got wore out/broke you would have documentation then I realized that you had a drive to get to the dealer,lol. I would still call them and get names of people you talk to and keep on record but they may still say that you would have to bring it in to cover anything. It's possible that a bolt just got droped somewhere during assembly and happened to fall out of its hiding spot and that another bolt was put in where it was supposed to be. Are you familiar with quads? If you take away the engine and engine mount bolts there arent really that many left on a quad so if you took the plastic off you would be able to find a missing one fairly easily. Look at the size of it to help tell where it may have gone. 8mm wrench size bolts that are about an inch long usually hold fenders on, battery straps, airboxes and such. 10mm wrench size about an inch long are used about the same as the 8's. 12mm wrench size ussualy hold brake calipers(front and rear) stearing stem parts, mufflers,some fender stuff, 14mm to 17mm size is usually engine mount bolts and such. Most actuall engine bolts are 8-10mm and range in lenght. If the bolt has a big washer on it with a little collar deal built in those bolt something that is plastic onto something steel. If you cant find where it goes post a pic of it and you could get some replys on where it may have come from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts