Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i will buy a z400 soon and i want to know what i need to do in first.

the rode is how much long?
how much tank gas?
what i need to don't do?
what i really need to do?
what brand of oil?
when the first oil change? and more question later.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a new Z400 also

The number one thing to do is read your owners manual it will help you with a lot at the start. I am going the safe route and protecting my new machine with skid plates but were I ride I have a lot of rocks. The first thing that I did was buy a A-arm-skid plate. That way you won't trash your disk or anything else back there. If you don't have the funds right now you can wait on that until you get done with your eng. break in. Just take it easy and watch for rocks the A-arm skid that they put on is plastic. I am doing my first oil,oil filter and cleaning the air filter at ten hours. That's the time that just about everyone said to do it. About what kind of oil to use if you look around this site they have talked about this a lot and I do mean a lot. What I got out of the discussions about oil was stay away from synthetic oil until about your fourth oil change if you use it at all. You really need to read the discussions about the synthetics and make your own pick on that one. I am going to use the Honda oil a lot of riders have had good luck with that brand. Well' I hope this helps you some just do a lot of reading on this site it's a big help and so are the members.
Good luck with your new Z400 hope you get it soon. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
hi i will buy a z400 soon and i want to know what i need to do in first.

the rode is how much long?
how much tank gas?
what i need to don't do?
what i really need to do?
what brand of oil?
when  the first oil change? and more question later.[/b]
Z400_Master and you don't even own one? lol

just giving you a hard time.

SWING-ARM skid is good,which is what I am guessing that Sin City Rider meant. Just clarifying for the newbie though.

these engines are tough. if you don't break them in 100% correctly it will be fine. don't let all the break-in stuff scare you.

honda and spectro oil are good

depends on your type of riding after that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
A good aftermarket Swingarm skid is very important. Don't make the Z faster without protecting the belly. Hey Sin, you might want to read the owner's manual again. It most likely discusses the difference between A-Arms and the swingarm :wink: lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Right...Right...

Sorry about that Z400_Master. I have some other projects going on and got crisscrossed. :|
Good looking out guys. :wave

·
Registered
179 Posts
watch the bolts that hold fender's to brakets, they will vib out and disaper. also watch the coolant res tank they will do the same. friend of mine got hole melted in his cause of this.

later :)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
FILL THE TANK UP WITH GAS! :D

Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea to grease all the pivot points, especially the swing arm bolt and rear brake pivot. THere are 3 grease fittings for the rear lower shock linkage, don't forget those.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
SWING ARM BOLT

How could I forget?

Pull the freaking swing arm bolt out at some point and grease it!

Had to use an air hammer on my buddies EX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts