Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, on my kfx i have a 3.5" lowering kit front and back with stock shocks. soon to be 1.5" wheel spacers in front and back. at the moment im running itp holeshots front and back.. 20" back and 23" front ( huge right?).. ive never raced the bike except for on a lil homade track in a buddies back yard an it does great, i juss think theyres alot of room for improvement in the rubber dept.. what is everybody running? what works best? sizes?

·
Registered
573 Posts
YES....another fellow flat track racer lol.....yeh first off get rid of the huge tires...lol i run american racer 18x6x10 fronts and 18x10x10 rears, but the hoosiers are just as good as well. Second if if you buy new tires, spend time grooving them and grinding them. this helps the tire to open up once they get warm which helps them handle even better. far as lowering goes, i wouldnt put spacers on the front. if your going to lower the front 3.5 in, adding another 1.5 to each side is going to make it to wide in the front which is going to make you push. It may not seem like alot but 3.5 in is more than enough, any more height can be made up with by playing with spring adj. Third, GET A SWAY BAR!!!!!! if this is your first time running on a full size track then trust me your going to want it (if you dont allready have). its going to make a night and day difference. if you have any more questions feel free to pm me or just check out some of my flat track suspension posts. i had one on here kinda the same but it went more in depth with things like gearing and so on. hope this helps a little good luck....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts