Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone reversed the front tires to gain some extra width? I know the valve stem hits on the caliper so I found some flush mount valve stems and am wondering if they would work or is it still too close.

Anyone done this yet?

ps- It's a new to me 2005 ltz250 to go with the rest of the herd.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
DO NOT DO IT.

the wheel will have too much leverage over the steering, your arms will pay the price. also the spindle will bend or break much easier.

you will be faster with the wheels in while having more control rather than having a wider stance with no control.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Do a quick search, many have asked this. It's not a good idea at all, you will destroy your spindles/bearings, and your arms won't feel too great after riding as well.

Try to search for your answers before you post, if you search for a bit and don't find it, then post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I did search and came up empty handed thus the question. Ok I'll look at other options for widening the front end then. Thanks I think.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny. Some of the other posts say the same thing that the search came up empty. Guess I'm not as much of a genius as you are.

I appreciate the helpful responses from those that did. And for spize909 it makes me happy that my main machine is a Can-Am. No wonder this forum seems dead.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Funny. Some of the other posts say the same thing that the search came up empty. Guess I'm not as much of a genius as you are.

I appreciate the helpful responses from those that did. And for spize909 it makes me happy that my main machine is a Can-Am. No wonder this forum seems dead.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts

Are you serious?:eek:

Funny. You asked a question and I gave you a link to 31 answers plus the search I used to find hundreds more answers. I did not condemn you in any way.
Sorry you didn't find that as helpful. I found it to be the most helpful answer you got.
Did you get your answer?

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts

I have a can Am as well and those forums are dead unless you ride a utility quad. I can barely have a convo with anyone but my self on the can am forums. the info i do get on them is not much help and can find little to no mods. This site has all the info you could ever want for your z.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I find it so amusing that some one comes on here, ask a question, gets good answers and still gets all bent out of shape.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a can Am as well and those forums are dead unless you ride a utility quad. I can barely have a convo with anyone but my self on the can am forums. the info i do get on them is not much help and can find little to no mods. This site has all the info you could ever want for your z.
i thought i was the only one here that rode a Can Am. what do you ride and what forums are you on?

oh, and i agree with you, this place will tell you anything you want to know about a Z400, there aren't many places on the net like this

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
i thought i was the only one here that rode a Can Am. what do you ride and what forums are you on?

oh, and i agree with you, this place will tell you anything you want to know about a Z400, there aren't many places on the net like this
I have a can am ds250 for my kids to ride. I really want to mod the thing but there is little to no tips and tricks for doing so. I'm on Can-amtalk.com and can-amforum.com I believe is what they are called.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Got to wonder about a guy with zero info on his profile.............maybe he use to be somebody else.
Is it me........was I rude? Now Biggie, he was kind of rude. I felt like I really just did the guy a favor without being condensending at all. That's why I don't think he's new. Maybe it's that one guy that got bounced a while back.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a can am ds250 for my kids to ride. I really want to mod the thing but there is little to no tips and tricks for doing so. I'm on Can-amtalk.com and can-amforum.com I believe is what they are called.
i'm on both of those forums too. it seems like if you don't have a 800 or 1000 there isn't alot of info out there. the aftermarket is very limited for a non 800 canam

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts

Oh yeah, if you guys want to talk about Can-Ams.........get a room or something. This is a Suzuki forum!:p

·
Registered
260 Posts
Oh yeah, if you guys want to talk about Can-Ams.........get a room or something. This is a Suzuki forum!:p
no way, hijacked thread FTW.
its not like the op has anything to say

1 - 20 of 45 Posts