Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my FMF Q muffler and Powerbomb Header from Rocky Mountain ATV. The cost was much lower that anywhere else and the shipping is free to my surprise. I paid $278.99 for the muffler and $170.99 for the header, $449.98 is good for a full system. The dynos for this setup on the DRZ 400 show a 2.2 HP gain at 93dB. With the addition of the Noss adpater and Uni filter and the Dial A Jet, I should be able to squeeze about 3.5-4 HP out of the system with minimal noise over 92 dB stock.

I am going to do some video runs tomorrow at stock settings, to see if I can tell the change when I install the new system. For those of you looking for a quiet pipe, I can email you the videos once I test the new system by next weekend.

Out!

·
Registered
739 Posts
If I'm not mistakin, you also need a connector pipe that goes between the two.I'm not sure but I think that its a 3 peice setup. I might be wrong though

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Connector Pipe

I asked that question, and they told me that was only for the race system
(PowerCore 4 and Titantium 4). I hope that is correct, but both FMF and Rocky Mountain ATV told me the same thing. Both these companies have excellent customer service and tech support so far. I will let you know what I get and how it works!

Out!

·
Registered
41 Posts
You only need the 3rd pipe (mid pipe) for the race titaniunm 4.The quite silencer and the power core 4 are 2 piece header pipe and silencer.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Exactly. On the PC4 and the Q, the midpipe is connected to the muffler itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts