Suzuki Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
7,799 Posts
u know what the torque specs for this bolt?
I don't know the torque specs. I usually just tighten it by hand to about what feels right for that size fastener. I like to use locktite on it also.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ok so out with the old , in with the new
long story short- i finish my quad build (for now), now im working on my buddy dvx 400 ,it got crack where the shifter is, so im rebuilding the whole engine .
the piston and cylinder are pretty bad looking (as u can see in photos that i uploaded), so as the cam shafts(pic ^^),
so he was thinking to put 434 bbk in it , the quad is 100 % stock atm.
does bbk with stage 2 hotcams are good start? , i will get an fcr carb for him as well.
what else i should know ? like about the +4 stroker(what that means), or do i need stage 1 or 2 cams ?,
i figured ,if im replacing both piston and camshafts , it will be smarter to go bbk and hotcams.....
FIY-we basicly doin only trail rides .

·
Super Moderator
4,318 Posts
Can’t see any pics, but if the cam is scored on the left exhaust journal, it’s usually because it starved of oil. Is the crank any good? How much money is this guy willing to throw at it? The stroker will be an improvement, but web cams would be a better setup than hot cams. Of course, you’d only see it with an fcr and full exhaust.

Personally, either go big and dump lots of money into it or don’t fix what isn’t broke. 1 thing will only be a slight improvement, but all upgrades together make a big difference. If you’re just trail riding, it’s hard to setup for a corner with your front end in the air all the time.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
im having hard time how to torque the Primary Drive Gear nut to 101 ft-lb , becouse its left handed threded and my torque wrench wont click becouse its on opening mode, how am i supposed to torque it down?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,318 Posts
Either get a reversible torque wrench or you might be able to torque it from the gear on the other side. General rule is add 10%. Kinda questionable, but better than nothing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
i just finish the rebuild of this motor , and i did use the head gasket becouse it was almost new (maby3-5 hours of use),
now i coolant in the oil - milki oil, do i have any way to know if its head gasket or water pump seal?

·
Super Moderator
4,318 Posts
Reusing the head gasket and having oil/coolant mix? Pretty much guaranteed it’s the head gasket. As soon as it’s bolted down, without even running, it’s basically not reusable.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Reusing the head gasket and having oil/coolant mix? Pretty much guaranteed it’s the head gasket. As soon as it’s bolted down, without even running, it’s basically not reusable.
it wasthe head gasket , i learned valuable lessen here the hard way...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
few questions..
i filled 2.2 liters of oil into the quad after running for few minutes the oil was low , near bottom of the dip stick, normal?
secend- i have 2 diffrent dipstick in my quads, 1 is 7cm(2.755 in) long , the other is 14 cm(5.5 in) long ,which one is the right one?
third-when i shift from first gear to secend gear, alot of times it will stay in neutral and i need to shift again from neutral to 2nd , any idea why?

·
Super Moderator
4,318 Posts
I don’t have my dipstick to measure, but 5 inches seems incredibly long. The factory one is just a metal rod attached to the plastic cap.
I’ve had “false neutrals” when using certain engine oils. What oil do you have in it?

·
Super Moderator
4,318 Posts
That should fix it. If not, you may have a worn tranny gear.

·
Super Moderator
4,318 Posts
Correct

21 - 40 of 40 Posts