Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys this is my first time posting here but I have read everything I possibly can from here over the last few years.

what is going on is driving me crazy I just rebuilt my top end on my z because I needed new valves replaced everything while I was in there. I used ferrea valves drze valve springs, cylinder works big bore cylinder, 12.5-1 cp piston single layer base gasket.

when I first started it it ran perfect I took it easy for a little bit then got on her a little harder But had no issues. The next day I started it up and it smoked like nothing I have ever seen in my life. It filled my whole block. I shut it off and tried to figure out what was going on. I was able to see oil on top of the piston so I figured it wasmy valve guide seal. They are new but it’s what I figured anyway.

I pulled my head and could see the whole top of my piston was covered with oil. I brought the head to the shop I got the valves done and they were to replace the valve guide seals. When they took the valves out there was coolant mixed with the oil.

I got the head back and got a new head gasket and put it back together. I torqued everything to spec by sequence and when I started up again it was smoking just as bad as it was. It’s unbelievable how much smoke. But I realized the my coolant overflow was draining. I shut it off and sure enough my oil was milky.

now I don’t know what to do. Is my head warped? Is my cylinder warped or defective? What can I do to figure out what is happening? I’m pretty stumped any idea or suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
There have been some CW cylinders that had a bow in the upper deck where the head gasket sits and it instantly blew head gaskets. I would contact their customer support and send it back to them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased it with the cp piston from a seller on eBay and am not really getting anywhere with him. Can the top of the jug be machined or something to make it flat?

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
It can, but that shortens the combustion chamber. Take away enough metal and it will raise your compression too high for pump gas and put the valves closer to the piston. Better off just sending it back directly to CW in exchange for another one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts