Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride with my neighbors kids sometimes and they haven't devoloped thier depth perceptoion yet lol They need to know when I'm braking so any help would be appreciated.

When I hit the front brake the brake light no longer works. I know the bulb is good because I checked it and the rear brake still activates the brake light.
I checked the connections at the master cylinder they wern't so clean. I cleaned them up but still nothing. Any idea's?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
To check the switch: Put an ohm meter, or mulitimeter on ohms and test across the switch. When you pull the lever in the meter should read 0.0 ohms, + or - an ohm or two. Then jump over the connector that plugs into the switch. Does the taillight light up?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to borrow my neighbors meter when I do I'll report back my findings. Yes the tail light does work and both filaments look good.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Most likely its the switch....I just bought a brake switch from Ebay...like $10...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I thought too Cam. I see the little black button that's supposed to come up when the lever is pulled in. It's clean and moves I cleaned the 2 electrical tabs too.

I shouldn't even bother with this and just get a 450r master cyl, I want that eventually with the yfz calipers. Will the Z connector fit on it? What can I do to get that to work?

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Most connectors are a standard two prong. I had a 450r master cylinder but don't recall. However most switch assemblies fit on pretty much everything. I had one from a z on my pit bike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts