Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone,

I'm thinking I should adjust my front shocks to a firmer setting from the stock '3'. I weigh about 210, and I'm thinking I'm getting some bottoming out on jumps. Should I go for the '4' setting, or all the way to '5'? I don't get more than 4 or 5 feet of air, but it does seem to be bottoming, but only on the front.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Anyone,

I'm thinking I should adjust my front shocks to a firmer setting from the stock '3'.  I weigh about 210, and I'm thinking I'm getting some bottoming out on jumps.  Should I go for the '4' setting, or all the way to '5'?  I don't get more than 4 or 5 feet of air, but it does seem to be bottoming, but only on the front.

Thanks,[/b]
Try setting them to 4 in the front and if they still bottom out then set them to 5.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
i am only 130 lbs and I ride my z400 hard. I have the stock shock at the 5 rating, the stiffer the better. reason being is the harder you ride it, the better the ride.... that is how these aftermarket shocks are... still as all hell, but its smooth as all hell when riding it hard....

never have i thought riding whoops be so easy until switching to the stiffest setting....

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
hey chuck.... right before you hit the ground off a jump.... hit the gas... that will try to bring the front end up while it is compressing and it probably wont bottom out as easy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts