Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installing 13 tooth f. sprocket. haven't even looked at it yet, but are there any tricks to it? remove gaurd, loosen chain, remove old and install new, tighten chain, re-install guard....???

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yup, that's about it. Keep the outside out and there is a washer that has offset holes. Flip it around fiddle with lining up the holes.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
actually, to goto a 13 tooth, you do not have to loosen the chain. You can slide the 14 tooth right off and swap out the front sprocket. You still have to adjust the chain accordingly, but not necessary just to swap the front sprocket.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, it'll be easy, I'll get that done tomorrow after school

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do the teeth on the spacer/washer between the two bolts and the sprocket have to line up? I got the holes lined up and it bolted on but the teeth on it were not lined up...understand what I'm saying?

·
Registered
88 Posts
13 ttoth front

very easy to install the 13tooth.it took 10 minutes. Take the case saver off first, unbolt and slide the old 14t out and the new 13t in, replace case saver and cover. loosen the 4 swing arm bolts. you have to remove the brake caliper to get to the right side bolts. Place a small tool in the caliper so you do not loose your barke pressure and have to bleed them after. tighten the rear 2 ajuster bolts the same on each side until the chain has 1 inch of slack, torque the 4 swing arm bolts and replace the caliper. done

bob

·
Registered
57 Posts
i changed my sprocket today, very easy installation. but when i was doen i rode it around a little bit and i could hear the chain rubbing against the rubber pad, i adjusted the chain its perfect but its still making that noise, is it normal?

·
Registered
88 Posts
chanin

Yes, just clean and oil it well with no more that i inch slack each way- up and down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts