Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 KFX 400 that needs some new bushing for the front shocks. My only problem is that when I go too look for bushings, there’s only listings for lower front supension bushings. Am I missing something? Also what torque spec do the shock bolts need to be tightened down to? Thanks.

·
Administrator
3,876 Posts
I don't think they are sold separately. You either have to buy new shocks, (crazy, i know) or have some bushings made if you can't find any. My book says 43 ft./ lbs for the bolts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think they are sold separately. You either have to buy new shocks, (crazy, i know) or have some bushings made if you can't find any. My book says 43 ft./ lbs for the bolts.
Thanks for the tourqe spec. My upper bushings look fine so I bought some replacement lower ones just to be safe. I had another question that you may be able to answer . Is there any issue with replacing my OEM bulbs with LED bulbs? If so any brand recommendations?

·
Administrator
3,876 Posts
Is there any issue with replacing my OEM bulbs with LED bulbs? If so any brand recommendations?
Try using the search function and look for LED. I think a few have tried them. Generally I think LED bulbs don't work as well as regular in reflectors that are designed for regular bulbs, but not sure with the LTZ. HID has definitely shown an improvement in the Z, btw..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts