Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me , my quad won't stay running like its running out of fuel. The fuel is not getting to carb. If i disconnect fuel line to carburator the fuel will spill out of hose the minute I put it back to the carburator the fuel flow stops like if the is an air bubble stopping it from moving. Please help

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Can someone help me , my quad won't stay running like its running out of fuel. The fuel is not getting to carb. If i disconnect fuel line to carburator the fuel will spill out of hose the minute I put it back to the carburator the fuel flow stops like if the is an air bubble stopping it from moving. Please help
there should be a drain screw on the bottom of the carb bowl, turn it . does a lot of gas come out or none at all ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to check tomorrow what I did was , when I disconnected the hose to carb. I blew air threw carb where the hose would hook up,too. And a lot of,fuel came out of the drain hoses thinking it was clogged right where the hose connected after blowing through it I assumed it was clear being all the fuel blew out. I re hook up hose and again fuel will not flow down to carb. If I pull off hose from carb again the fuel then start to flow and would drain the whole tank if I let it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quad won't stay running fuel is on but will not flow out hose if i disconnect one side of hose from carb it will then flow constantly. But when I reconnect it stops

·
Registered
34 Posts
The stock petcock is vacuume operated.
Sounds like yours is needing replaced.

Replace it with one from a raptor 660 and put a vaccume cap on the open carb hole.

Also you'll have alot better luck getting answers if you post in the right section.

Welcome to the fourm.

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
..........and merged the other posts from another piggy backed thread.
PTIR you only need to start one thread on one issue in the proper section. Commenting in 4 different places accomplishes nothing except confusion.

I'm having a hard time following what is exaclty happening. How do you know gas isn't getting to your carb? Also unless your petcock is in the prime position, no gas should flow unless your cranking your engine over and/or the quad is actually running. There is a diaphragm in the carb that creates a vacuum.
If you blow air thru your carb and fuel comes out of the overflow you have fuel in the carb. I would be careful doing that though.
Also fuel will only flow into your carb until the floats rise up in the bowl hight enough to shut the flow off.

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Again sorry for posting in different spots . I didn't know how to start a new post. So my quad starts runs for like a minute then shuts off . Im assuming it's not getting gas. As I explained before if I disconnect fuel from Carburator the fuel will continue to run out the hose. I then shut fuel so there is no fuel in line. Reconnect fuel line to Carb. Turn fuel back on and the fuel does not make its way through the line to the carb as if it's blocked

·
Super Moderator
3,383 Posts
Once the fuel line is on you have no way of knowing if gas is flowing or not. The only way to tell is by doing what Cataway said, and opening the drain screw to see if gas runs out..

Reactions: 04trx450duner

·
Super Moderator
4,457 Posts
Have you tried opening the fuel tank's cap before it dies to see if it'll still run? A clogged vent in the cap will create a vacuum and won't let fuel out. If you pull the line, it can let air in up the line and it'll flow when disconnected.

Aside from that, most likely the petcok as mentioned.

Reactions: spize909

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thanks for all the advice. I took carb off and I'm getting it cleaned out for starters. I was told that the float pin must be bad as well

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So Carburator was taken apart and there is nothing wrong with it at all. Will be putting it back on after work. So that's not the problem .i will check Petcock and let it flow free into a can for a few to see if it's constant flow.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
in post 1 you said you have all ready done that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i wa told to do again but let it run for a little while longer dont no what else to do

·
Registered
380 Posts
Refit the carb.

1.Start quad, remove gas cap, did it solve the problem ?
Yes, clean out the vent tube or buy new cap
No, move to number 2
2. It's the petcock, replace with 660 one.

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
The only time your gas should free flow is if the petcock is in the PRIME position. On and Res should not flow unless the vac from the carb is pulling it.
Is the vacuum line from the petcock to the carb hooked up? Do you have the stock carb and stock petcock? If so there should be two hoses coming from the petcock to the carb.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Put the Carburator back on. It starts I can ride it and when I'm on the throttle all is good when I put into neutral it will idle for about 15 sec. then shut off

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
well you could open the drain in the bottom of the carb and see if gas runs out with out stopping . you said the carb was removed and cleaned ?did not find any thing ? there is a very fine screen in the carb just be for the float needle . if its plugged then its going to limit how fast gas gets in to the bowl .

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts