Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I traded my ole quadrunner 250 for a fairly crappy lt 250r. I've got some aftermarket racing plastics coming next week so for now ima sand it down and repaint and clean. I've spent 4+hrs just sanding the frame, and tommrow i will paint it.:D Now i need some ideas of dyi's and stuff.

Shot piston

Frame with primer

·
Registered
800 Posts
nice, i can see the potential. what are your plans for it?

btw welcome to suzuki central! very nice first post

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well ima paint it all and replace all the bad bearings, put a set of 400ex shocks on the front, and put the z400 plastics i got on it.:D

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Keep the pictures coming as you go through the transformation

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Very excited to see how this turns out!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ima just port the head and clean the motor real good and put a new piston in. but i gotta get new axle bearings cause these ones are shot, and i spent bout 2 hrs cleaning that 26 years of dirt and grease, but i got all that painted and the frame painted to.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Can't wait to see this in the end, WELCOME!!!!!!

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Very nice.......I rode one at Pismo a few years ago and they got some snap to them for sure. The guy that brought it out was straight tearing it up!
I would like to get an old Suzuki or Honda 250 some day....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well today i got the carrier all cleaned up, the head ported and here and there small things, my plastics get here monday :D and my piston should be here next week too, and i got a set of pro taper bars.

·
Registered
433 Posts
looking good!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Plastics finnaly got here today and i kinda just mocked em up but they look saaaa-weeeet. and i repainted the clutch cover. I guess im gonna order some new graphics for it soon, and i still need some front shocks..anybody have some that will fit or know what ones will fit?

New axle bearings

Mom bout killed me when she saw the motor in the house, lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
great build so far...keep the pics and updates comming

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome to the site! How did you paint it? How well do you think the paint will stick?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
for paint i used some krylon paint cause i like the spray tip, but the most important is the rust-oleum clear cloat enamel, that paint will last a while about as good as powdercoat if you do it all right.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Looks good, like the Z400 plastics on it. Don't buy the 400ex shocks for it they won't fit the 85 and 86 models as they are too long eye to eye and will raise the front end too high and screw up the geometry as well as stress the ball joints way out. best bet is some works shocks if you can afford the money or elka's as there isn't much choice for those years in terms of shock swaps if any that I know of, i've got a 86 and researched the options to no end with no results.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well wobamf i was probably gonna just put some yamaha blaster shocks cause ive heard they're about the same i know for sure i cant afford works or elka shocks, lol, im only 16 with no job so this whole build is on a tight money budget.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Let me know how the Blaster shocks work out for ya i'm curious, and good luck with the build it looks like it's coming nicely along.

1 - 20 of 362 Posts