Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: Just got the full Yosh pro ti. & tri oval silencer installed. No probs. Always been a 2-stroker myself, and finding the transition not quite as hard as I thought. Anyway, the Yoshi papers say to jet to a 122.5 main, assuming stock air filter, cover, etc. The stock main is a 130. They say I should jet leaner? Is this unique to thumpers? On my ring-a-dingers, a more free flowing pipe would mean jetting richer regardless of airbox configuration. I want to keep the airbox lid, and even the snorkel hooked up. I know it sounds dumb, but my riding area demands it. Sometimes, I could use a snorkel myself!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I hear ya, I'm just as confused as you are. What's even more confusing, is that I have just the slip-on and Yosh suggests using a 125 main. So they're saying that the full system (122.5) uses a smaller main jet than the slip-on (125)???

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well if it is running rich maybe a K&N high flow would help even it out some. My machine is on stock jets and its actualy running better now that i put the K&n's on yesterday. Odd i know but it also depends on your altitude imo. :?

·
Registered
517 Posts
At 100-300 above sea level...settings

Snorkel off, three 1" holes on rear of lid, one 3/4" hole in bottom of airbox below filter w/outterwear material, Yoshi full Tri-oval, 155 main, clip in stock position, air screw ~3 turns out, Twin air filter on a NOSS adaptor, NGKr or BoschR plugs (1 step hotter than stock).

The trick is in the tuning....more air in needs more fuel in to produce more HP...in the perfect ratios...getting there takes some patience...but it does pay off!

NO MATTER WHICH PIPE YOU PICK....the key is in the tuning and getting the jetting right.

Most manufacturers DO NOT have the right jetting set up...you have to experiment with it.

Check out z400gramps...lots of experience and likes to tinker with the tuning of his Z....and got some really good gains out of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
thor94 & zplane

did you guys ever get your jetting figured out with the full yosh with lid and snorkle. going through the same thing now - any advice would be great.

the really confusing thing is: why does the slip on require more fuel than the full system??

cinigen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts