Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start my z it'll smoke, sometimes a little sometimes alot. After being idled for a few min sometimes it'll go away and sometimes it smokes the whole time I ride it. I works think its a gasket but I'm fairly new to this. Any help appreciated

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
What color is the smoke? Blueish white or white? Smell like burnt oil?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And sometimes it'll idel just fine and then die and it usally won't stay at an idel after you ride it for a bit and get it warm

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Has you oil or coolant level gone down?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was going to be my next post. coolant is low and for the oil I don't know because theres no way to check it on mine to my knowledge

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
If it's loosing coolant it's a blown head gasket. If it's loosing oil it's likely your rings are bad allowing oil to get on top the piston and burn. The oil dipstick is located on the oil tank right below the radiator.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess I'll tear it apart monday and see whats going on. Would either one of them make it sputter and bog out while I'm sliding through a corner?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Both would cause power loss and/or bogging and sputtering depending on how much coolant your motor is burning

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
The dipstick is on the oil tank in front of the engine. If it only has a cap with no dipstick then you need to get a new one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so I'm thinking its the head gasket for sure because when I go to add coolant it sits there and idels fine but when you go to give it gas it bogs down and smokes pretty bad.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
If you are burning oil, smoke will be blue ish. If you are burning coolant, it will smell kinda sweet. Tighten your bolts for anything involving oil or coolant. If you see dampness on the side of your block, then yes you need a gasket. Or if you are loosing compression. Simple things

1 - 16 of 16 Posts