Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i want to be able to carve up some gnarly hills at the local sand dunes here in alberta, so i was wondering what are some suggestions for gearing and paddles. these dunes are not all sand like you would see at glamis etc. there are lots of trees and other obstacles that i would have to navigate. and i think that some suggested already that im geared too low. would you think switching back to 14 tooth (14/40), would be good?

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
I run the standard 13/40 and had 13/41 on there for a while. With your mods though 14/40 should be fine. I don't know how you'd be low with 22's.....
I don't really know about tire sizes. I have 20" 6 paddle Haulers and can go anywhere I want at Dumont or Glamis. You may have to find a more durable type sand tire.
What tire pressure were you running on your dirt tires?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure about the tire pressure, yeah i was thinking 21 fronts and 20 rears, what do you think about ITP Dune Stars? they look pretty durable.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've got the itp sand stars and have used them on pee gravel type dunes with good results and no signs of wear

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
A friend has the dune stars, he says they are harder to turn with and prefers the sand stars.

I would take the 14t sprocket with you and a few tools to change it and try both. With my 450 Z I would use the 13T. 1st gear was pretty much useless other than to load it onto the trailer but it made 2nd and 3rd more usable, a bit of 4th as well. This was with 20" Sandstars.

With your stroker engine, the 14t should do good imo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts