Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning on getting a Z very soon :D and wanted to know if there is anything that i NEED to do to it when i first get it :? ....and also a couple of things that u would suggest i do :twisted: ....
thanx in advance for tha info.
-CurtMan

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
A new axle is only really required if you find yourself bending the crap out of your stock one. I got my axle replaced under warranty and the new one wobbled even worse at first and that was before I even rode it. So expect some wobble, if you want it to drive the tires straight and true get a lonestar axle. I'm buying a new axle for next summer and I'll be getting all the usual power add ons, pipe w/header, jetting, K&N and taller gearing to match my new found power.

I'm guessing the rear tires should always drive straight and true unless you bent something, correct?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'm guessing the rear tires should always drive straight and true unless you bent something, correct?[/b]

In theory yes....but if your tire pressure is off by even a small margin it likes to pull too. 8)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Alright, first, don't worry about the bottom end, or lack thereof. This is the easiest fix and cheap if you just throw a 13 tooth sprocket up front. Plus, after fifteen to twenty hours, it really starts to open up. Change your oil AS DIRECTED, along with following break in proceedures. It helps me sleep better at night knowing my warrantee will hold up. If the axle breaks, blessing in disquise, get a lonestar. If you go with the K&N, intake, get the outerwears too cause havin the lid off is just way better and who knows, it could not get anything one time, then it could be crammed with crap. Umm, I dunno. Wear a helmet and have fun blowin by those ex's, as soon as it's broken in anyhow. Keep us posted on what you get and when.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts