Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to remove those bowl screws on mine I stripped the first one and then started to strip the second one, so I got out my impact screw driver, you know the ones you use a hammer to hit the tool while turning it and presto they came loose. Now it does take two people to do it , one to hold the carb (I did not want to put it on the table and hit it being afraid of hurting the carb) and the impact tool and one to hit the tool with the hammer, it really work slick then went up and bought some allen bolts to replace the screws, sorry I was going to remember the size but did not write it down and I forgot what they were. It also worked on the screw that holds the bracket for the idle as it was in the way to get two of the screws out.

DadsZ400

·
Registered
660 Posts
hey man, your supposed to put this on tips and tricks :wink: j/k awsome tip though, i have that tool and i'll make sure to use it when the time comes to rejet.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know but I figured you guy's would see it here quicker , it's higher up the list :roll:

DadsZ400

·
Registered
12 Posts
DadsZ400, I was wondering if a impact driver would solve the problem with the carb screws.

You are really lucky to have friends like that!!!

I could get one to hold tha carb, but I really dought I could get one to hold the carb and the tool while I swing the hammer!HaHa!

Later...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zman, I would not trust any of my friends to use a hammer while I was holding something I had my son swinging the hammer, now that I think about it maybe that was not the brightest thing to do as it would been a perfect time for him to do a little payback on accident 8O

DadsZ400

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Good to know the impact driver worked. That tool's saved my a$$ many a times. Wish I had one now, because I am dreading doing my jetting when I get a pipe. Oh well, poor poor me. Iz all good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts