Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 775 Posts

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright west coast brothers, time for me to finally hit up glamis. I've always dreamed of going ever since I bought my quad but never could until now. I'm expecting a baby in may so if I don't go now, I will probably never get to go. I'm thinking last weekend of feb. or first weekend of march. This will give enough time to start saving some $ for the trip. I'm not sure if the riding season is in feb or march, but I'm sure you San Diego guys will let me know if it's good riding weather or not. I want to take a band of SC guys with me so hopefully this will be a successful trip. Please post so everyone that might be going can agree on the weekend. That best suits everybody:cool:

·
Super Moderator
3,385 Posts
What is this thing you call Glamis? Do you think it really exists? Hmmm.:hit:

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
We will be going Presidents Weekend which I believe is Feb 16-18.
Weather in Feb/March is generally good ('cept wind possiblity) and that is the riding season for Glamis. April starts getting a little hot and by May it's done.

Let me know what you guys decide on and I will try to be there.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Presidents day weekend sounds real good too. Maybe we can all roll that weekend instead, plus I think we will all have that weekend off too.

·
Super Moderator
4,465 Posts
Unless the wife gets paid a lot or something unexpected happens, I'll probably be too broke to go. We'll see!

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
day trip, Darrenn. Throw the quad in the truck and drive.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
I'd love to join in here. Pick me up on your way down pulido;) I can possibly make that weekend work. I'll know for sure the closer it gets. I would most likely be going solo, so I can get a chance to check it out for my son first. I want to see if this Glamis place really exists! Dunes not on the beach sounds weird to me.... :lol

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well ok so then it's set it seems.are you gonna come to my pad first on the way pulido? I sure as sh** don't know how to get there.from what I hear you can get lost in there cause the place is so massive.i wouldn't be able to find china wall from a wall of sound.does someone reserve space too?

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
Well ok so then it's set it seems.are you gonna come to my pad first on the way pulido? I sure as sh** don't know how to get there.from what I hear you can get lost in there cause the place is so massive.i wouldn't be able to find china wall from a wall of sound.does someone reserve space too?
I was driving down Wash Rd. in the dark with no other cars or lights and you could easily get lost and just head off into the desert if you are not familiar with it.....that was a Thursday night at 9:30 on an off weekend though. Prez Day will have plenty of traffic:D
We typically go the weekend before and miss the crowd but somebody scheduled a baby shower for that weekend and screwed that up.

Make no mistake, it is a big weekend out there. You'll get to see it all.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
As of now id have to say im out. Work has been waaaaay to slow to be forkin out money on a trip. BUUUUUUUUUT if I get a few good weeks in it will be completely doable. Well see, I would probably be the only bike out there. We weill see Id love to make it!

·
Super Moderator
4,465 Posts
Wash Road makes it easy to get within 100 yards of your group. Lots of easy to see markings, even in the dark. That'd be a good spot to meet. I'll try to at least make a day trip.

·
Registered
479 Posts
So it'll be Presidents' Day for sure. A few of them boys from the trx450 forum are going too.theyre pretty stoked on it it seems

1 - 20 of 775 Posts