Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really for sure where to actually post this one but I’ll start here. When I got my 2007 Eiger she was in really shape and someone “attempted” to make it look better with black spray paint. My question to y’all i how do I go about figuring out what brand this winch is when it’s all covered by black spray paint???
I’ve looked everywhere on it (except bottom of unit) for anything imprinted on it with no luck. It looks like there is a reminant of a sticker but it’s got paint on the front and back of it (whats peeled up that is). So is there anyway of identifying this critter ??
Id replace it but it seems like such a waste. I’ve checked it and everything works great on it (even the remote). The cable I’ve replaced with the winch rope and it holds 50’ (not sure I that’s important or not) and I’ve totally rewired the thing because of that fustercluck of wires the previous owner did.
Well I hope somebody can throw a tip out this way cause I’m stumped, an inquiring minds want to know. LOL
Peace out and happy motoring!!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Grass

·
Super Moderator
3,765 Posts
If it works, why do you care what brand it is?

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
If you can find some numbers stamped into it, that might help. Or just rub a little acetone on the spray paint that’s covering the name plate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts