Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode the Z today for the first time, OHH YEAAHH the motor rips , can't wait for it to break in so I can really open it up, handles real well and jumps good also and no bent axles, BUT I have developed a squeak from the back rotor and it looks warped because the caliper moves side to side as the rotor passes through it anybody else have this happen and what did you do to fix it plus the rear suspension is still a little to soft as it bottoms out quite a bit. I have turned the compression in all the way and think I may need to tighten the pre load down but do not know what the minimum length of the spring is, anybody know or it just might be my 260 pound butt on it but a guy needs to fly once and awhile, right? Anyway I think the quad is great and can't wait to start moding it.

Later,
DadsZ400

·
Registered
105 Posts
I rode mine for the first time today (6-30-02) and my back break squeaks too but I didn't look to see if it was bent. I didn't check cause it did it right after it was unloaded from the truck to my garage I think my damn parking break is rubbing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I already have a parking brake blcok off plate so when i get it i will imediately take it off. Now i just need to buy a new perch

dave

·
Registered
970 Posts
Mine squeaks everytime I jump it. Just tap the rear brake once and it goes away. It's weird but every single one I've seen does that.

BTW, quad was made for 243 lbs and below... :wink:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Another squeaky brake here!! Just like Barely Legal said though, it goes away after you tap the rear brake.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I think this is Suzuki flaw. The Raptor had some and so did the C-dale. Mine does the same thing to and i will find out what is tonight. (hopefuly) I don't think its anything major though.

Later

·
Registered
15 Posts
hahaha, that's crazy!! Mine too squeek!!!

it goes away after you tap the rear brake => Sorry, I can't understand that sentences to move the problem away, Can someone explain to me??? (I'm french ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
No different in Australia mine squeaks as well only when you are going slow so i dont notice it very often
:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Mine did also untill I rode a few creek crossings. Quiet now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts